Blinkin nora cats just had kittens!

(70 Posts)
cjdamoo Wed 11-Dec-13 18:34:40

We did the responsible thing and rehomed a cat from the rescue in July. Was assured it was vaccinated and desexed and given the certifactes to prove this. I let it in at midnight and it went and climbed in bed with my 11 year old. Kid came flying through at 3am shouting there was blood all over his bed and a kitten. Well now there are 3. Where do I stand with the recue? Can I insist they pay for her to be desexed and rehome the kittens?

bzoo Wed 11-Dec-13 18:39:47

Hey CJ! what a surprise!

Erm, definitely call the rescue for advice! Blimey shock

cjdamoo Wed 11-Dec-13 18:45:16

make that 4 kittens another has just emerged Bloody hell its been a long night (im in Australia) Looks like ds will need a new freaking mattress too

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 11-Dec-13 18:58:08

Is she usually very fat though? I mean a full term cat looks like a barrell with a tail.

cjdamoo Wed 11-Dec-13 19:00:39

she had put on a bit of weight but she was desexed im staring at the certifacte so I just thought some other family was doubing up on her food
and now we have 5 gah

TheBunsOfPanettone Wed 11-Dec-13 19:01:52

Oh my!!!

I don't know what the legal situation would be but I hope the rescue will be willing to support you here re. neutering and rehoming kittens! Do you have any correspondence from them saying she's been neutered?

Thing is, it will be bad for the kittens to leave their mum too young so can you keep them with her until they're old enough to be rehomed? I think that's about 12 weeks hmm .

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 11-Dec-13 19:03:23

I have seen several cats where rescue vet hasn't been able to find uterus - didn't look hard enough as I have found it.

Sparklingbrook Wed 11-Dec-13 19:05:08

shock I hope the rescue agree to take the kits off you when the time comes.

cjdamoo Wed 11-Dec-13 19:13:10

yeah we are good to keep them till they can be rehomed but as we are now at 5 they best help sort this mess out. Im so cross we went through a rescue as it seemed the responsible thing to do we picked an older cat or rather she picked us because again responsible thing to do and they provided us with all the paperwork for microchipping desexing vaxinating and the like. Im actually rather angry atm how soon can I move her somewhere safe? I need to get her somewhere my 2 year old cant

Sparklingbrook Wed 11-Dec-13 19:15:04

I think I would be angry/confused/surprised/worried TBH.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 11-Dec-13 19:18:46

She can't go out again until she's neutered either because she can get pg again fairly quickly.

Fontofnowt Wed 11-Dec-13 19:21:17

We had a spayed cat who had an 11 baby gift for us!
She was supposed to have had neutering done by the vets and they provided full courses of vacs and bedding as an apology.
We put her in a dog cage because we also have a very broody poodle who stole the kits at every chance.
Be careful in a few days when they bewitch you with charm and fluffyness.
I cried with every kitten before they left .......

cjdamoo Wed 11-Dec-13 19:24:41

Dont Fonto, The kids are already trying to name them

Congratulations...you are Granny to kittenses. I'll have one, can you ship to Cornwall?

Fontofnowt Wed 11-Dec-13 19:30:11

Oh they will be named.
And the names will be cute.
Then their little characters will shine through and they get nicknames.
You will be in love before a week passes.

absentmindeddooooodles Wed 11-Dec-13 19:35:22

We had the same thing. Although only two kittens appeared. Adamant that we would not keep them.

Obviously we ended up keeping them.

( unfortunatley they died at 6 months bit they were the loveliest little things!)

cjdamoo Thu 12-Dec-13 05:05:24

the runt died sad other 4 seem to be doing really well. They are cuter now already.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 12-Dec-13 07:09:34

How's mum doing?

kitsmummy Thu 12-Dec-13 07:35:25

So, how many are you going to keep then? grin

lljkk Thu 12-Dec-13 08:02:47

piccies, we demand piccies!!

lljkk Thu 12-Dec-13 08:03:01

ps: maybe not the bloody bits, bit cute kits, deffo

sashh Thu 12-Dec-13 13:30:39

Aw I had a catt give birth on my bed as a child. She obviously trusts your dc.

CrazyHamstersbigbaubles Thu 12-Dec-13 18:39:13

Bloody hell id be furious with the Rescue centre .
I bet your rather confused at the moment , I certainly would be .

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 01:23:34

Rescue center are so apologetic. They are going to cover all costs of kittens including vetwork and Mumma cats Re desexing and rehome kittens when the time comes.

Here are 12 hour old kittens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNAcqP8es2E

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 13-Dec-13 07:04:50

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNAcqP8es2E

Clicky link.

Mum looks very relaxed, I wonder if she's had kittens before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now