HELP I have found a kitten in my garden

(90 Posts)
technicallychallenged Sat 07-Dec-13 21:23:29

So yeah just that really
It's a little tabby kitten and it looks youngish I would say less than a year old.
DD(5) told me there was a strange cat in the garden I told her to leave it be. (She usually says things like that to get out of going to bed)
Anyway I went to take the rubbish out and there was a cat looking at me. It looks very thin and pitiful and it had no collar and it broke my heart so I took it in and gave it a little water and a little tuna.
I am wondering what to do now. Any help please?

TheBunsOfPanettone Fri 20-Dec-13 09:06:36

Any chance of a picture of Holly? If you don't want to make your profile public you could post one on chat. This has been a lovely thread and it would be nice to see a pic of her settled in her new home. Appreciate if you'd rather not though.

Yay! Such good news for Holly, and for you too. She's so lucky to have found you.

TheBunsOfPanettone Thu 19-Dec-13 20:31:13

Great news - congratulations to you and to Holly for finding herself such a lovely family fgrin

cozietoesie Thu 19-Dec-13 20:30:06

Go Holly!

smile

technicallychallenged Thu 19-Dec-13 20:26:21

We seem to have a cat.
Holly is microchipped with our address and she is going in to be spayed tomorrow.

TheBunsOfPanettone Tue 17-Dec-13 13:27:04

Any more news, TechnicallyChallenged?

technicallychallenged Fri 13-Dec-13 21:20:56

The spaying we shall also sort on Monday if she is pregnant then probably spay and abort if she is not then we shall set a day to get her spayed later in the week.

Sorry to keep going on about it (my nickname is rather apt) but what about the spaying? Personally I wouldn't be giving her back to anyone unspayed. If her owners were neglectful enough not to bother with it, then at the very least I'd make sure if she went back to them that that had already been taken care of.

DidoTheDodo Fri 13-Dec-13 11:28:32

Hurrah - the Cat Massive gains another devotee.
I love how your DCs were asking her if she'd like a new name!

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 11:25:03

Hey - where's the photo of her?

smile

technicallychallenged Fri 13-Dec-13 11:17:28

You people are worse than my DCs. fgrin
Well if No-one has come forward by Monday she shall be microchipped with our address so I guess then she will be ours.
The DCs left this morning saying bye bye Holly so my attempt to stop them getting emotionally attached to her has failed horribly.

TamzinGrey Thu 12-Dec-13 23:31:35

... and with an untreated broken tail! Cozie is right. She will be so much better off with you.

cozietoesie Thu 12-Dec-13 22:54:14

That would be 'their little tabby cat' who was unneutered, unchipped, thin and pitiful? Harden that heart, technically.

technicallychallenged Thu 12-Dec-13 22:49:50

Awh tamzingrey we would love to keep her she is lovely with the DCs and she is great company for me looks at cat sleeping on my lap
But there could be someone out there who is really missing their little tabby cat.

TamzinGrey Thu 12-Dec-13 21:34:55

I'm really hoping that nobody claims her as she's obviously landed on her feet with you Tech.

Holly is a great name for a little tabby.

You should read "Somewhere a Cat is Waiting" by Derek Tangye.

She's chosen you.

technicallychallenged Thu 12-Dec-13 21:00:19

Thanks cozietoesie. We just got lucky and a big thanks too all of you for telling us what to watch out for.

TheBunsOfPanettone Thu 12-Dec-13 20:58:37

Very well handled, what a creepy call!

cozietoesie Thu 12-Dec-13 20:50:27

Well swerved, technically.

technicallychallenged Thu 12-Dec-13 20:40:59

Awh lovely story applecrumbly
We thought her owner had come forward yesterday someone got in contact asking about her. However they failed to identify 2 rather obvious marks she has and they were very vague when describing her and her age and personality so we think they are fake.
When we asked them why they hadn't identified the marks etc they hung up and we have heard nothing since.

Applecrumbly Wed 11-Dec-13 20:10:17

Technical sigh! My story sort of mirrors yours.It would take too long to go into it all but we have always had a dog and I found a 7 wk old kitten last june and came on here like you and now we have a 7 mth old kitten we simply couldnt be without.
I have however found another cat in my garden and am going through it all again although its a bit different.Have a read of my threads on here in the litter tray.
Good luck with little hollyfsmile.

cozietoesie Tue 10-Dec-13 21:33:05

Cats are really pretty straightforward, technically, although you wouldn't always think so from reading this board - where so many of the posts are about problems.

Food, water, littering, vet care and parasite treatment are mostly your obligations. With loads of love and fun in return.

fgrin

technicallychallenged Tue 10-Dec-13 21:28:41

We are taking her to the vet next week anyway so we will ask them about spaying etc and we shall go from there.
Thanks Thebunsofpanettone luckily we don't have any plants because DH seems to be allergic to most flowers. Plus we usually check the washing machines because my DS likes to put cars in it and leave them as a 'surprise' fhmm

TheBunsOfPanettone Tue 10-Dec-13 21:13:43

I so hope you can keep her! If she has "owners" at all they don't seem to deserve her and it sounds as if she's making herself nicely at home with you and your family fgrin

They make the most lovely companions as I think you are discovering.

One thing to be careful of is that her curiosity may lead her into potentially dangerous situations such as trying out the washing machine/dryer for a sleep - so check in there before you put it on. Also, a certain number of house plants, flowers etc are toxic to cats, lilies are the worst and poinsettia are apparently poisonous too.

It's great that you're happy to keep her. What's happening about spaying her?

cozietoesie Tue 10-Dec-13 21:00:20

Oh boy.

Just read the board, I think - and stay flexible!

fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now