Fuck, my cat is gone and it's all my fault

(284 Posts)
Madratlady Fri 06-Dec-13 13:08:52

Girlcat escaped from her carrier outside the vets and was over the nearest fence and gone before I could grab her. It was my fault, I didn't clip it up properly. The vets is 7 miles away. We searched for a couple of hours with no luck. I'm doing some posters and leaflets. I just want her home. She's chipped at least so someone might find her and take her to the vets.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sat 18-Jan-14 09:28:24

Lovely, lovely story.

paneer Fri 17-Jan-14 22:38:23

grin
just caught up. so thrilled smile

RabbitsarenotHares Tue 14-Jan-14 14:56:07

Have just caught up with this. Am SO thrilled you have all your family together! The stories she must be telling boycat though...!

Oh that's nice. She seems quite happy then.

Madratlady Mon 13-Jan-14 22:18:50

She came and joined ds on my lap yesterday so I think we can safely say she doesn't mind too much.

Her and Boycat are best friends again too. I think being stray temporarily has woken a hunting instinct though, she keeps staring at the rats when she ignored them before.

KittieCat Mon 13-Jan-14 20:38:24

The best news! I remember the feeling of seeing our girl again.

So pleased for you all. She's in for a shock with your new arrival...

DidoTheDodo Mon 13-Jan-14 12:59:25

Delighted. Happy cat and happy thread. It's really made me smile!

moonbells Sat 11-Jan-14 22:23:47

So very glad for you! Give her a tickle behind the ears for me...

Aww, how lovely. I do like a happy ending!

notapizzaeater Sat 11-Jan-14 19:05:48

Aw so so so pleased for you, (wipes tear away)

Fasterkillpussycat Sat 11-Jan-14 18:55:01

So pleased she is back - have been watching and hoping for a happy outcome.

I love this thread. That's so nice of the people to do that. Heartwarming.

Have you still got to take her to the vets now?

Madratlady Sat 11-Jan-14 18:51:15

We went to thank the people who found her this evening. Turns out they'd been seeing her around for a while and they think she was living on the allotments near their house. A friend of theirs told them that it was a missing cat. The day they caught her she was sat under their hedge meowing so they put some cat food out and the man sat a little way away and talked to her but she wouldn't let him touch her. He put some more food down and she came back to eat then wandered up to him and let him catch her. I think she must've been fed up living rough and pretty hungry.

Boycat has pretty much got over his sulk, they were sharing a food bowl again and asleep on the same sofa near each other.

She has ventured out to go to the toilet then insisted on coming straight back in. She's currently chasing a toy around the dining room floor.

TamzinGrey Sat 11-Jan-14 18:39:58

Hooray! Delighted that she's back - I've been thinking about her a lot. You must be over the moon OP. I hope Boycat soon resumes normal relations with her. Please let us know how things go.

What a lucky kitty to be back with her loving family. I do so love a happy ending smile

CatOfTheDay Sat 11-Jan-14 16:10:10

Ah that's great, I'm so happy she's back!

I've been checking this thread since the start hoping for good news, and my face now looks like this >>> grin on your behalf!

Boycat will be OK, one of ours escaped a few years ago and when we finally caught him our girl who used to snuggle up to him wouldn't let him near her for about a week - he must have smelled funny!

She got over it eventually smile

Wishyouwould Sat 11-Jan-14 11:15:15

Yay! So pleased to read this! Fab news :-)

giraffesCantMakeResolutions Sat 11-Jan-14 02:52:57

Fantastic news

Rosieliveson Sat 11-Jan-14 01:22:53

Such good news grin

timtam23 Fri 10-Jan-14 21:49:46

That's brilliant news, delighted to hear she's back grin

Oh this brought a little tear to my eye! I am thrilled she is back where she belongs. I hope boycat's huff passes soon!

RandomMess Fri 10-Jan-14 19:11:35

Fantastic news, so pleased she is home. Boy cat will get over it eventually

cozietoesie Fri 10-Jan-14 18:00:46

PS

I bet he's not scared as much as T'd off.

I recall when one of my Mum's boys was Car'd and we bought her a substitute. Her whippet, who had been brought up with cats, had been catless for about three weeks and had been having a fine old time as sole pet. When she walked into the room and saw the new incumbent (halfway up the curtains) the look on her face was priceless. It was pure 'Oh Gawd - it's back!' - and she slunk off for the rest of the afternoon.

smile

cozietoesie Fri 10-Jan-14 17:55:42

Yay!

grin

Oh I'm so thrilled to hear the good news.

Madratlady Fri 10-Jan-14 17:17:05

It'd be nice if she carries on being this affectionate!

I'm going to get DH to ring the people that found her when he wakes up (he's doing most of the night wakings with ds) and I'll update to let you know how she got caught.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now