Our beautiful cat, Lola, got hit by a car and she didm't make it

(25 Posts)
WTFwasthat Mon 09-Dec-13 11:18:38

Putitonthelist - thank you, yes, it was just such a heartbreaking shock. My daughter is still heartbroken as Lola was her favourite and she was certainly Lola's so it is sort of hardest on her, even though we all miss her so much. Such a horrid end to her short life. Poor baby.

Putitonthelist Sun 08-Dec-13 15:08:35

So sorry to read this OP, hope you're ok x

WTFwasthat Fri 06-Dec-13 16:18:50

thank you everyone. We feel a bit better today, it's coming to terms with it

chickydoo Thu 05-Dec-13 23:58:23

Am so very sorry for your loss thanks

TheBunsOfPanettone Thu 05-Dec-13 23:54:39

Poor sweet Lola. All my sympathy to you and your family sad

OddFodd Thu 05-Dec-13 23:48:49

I'm so very sorry. My thoughts are with you x

timtam23 Thu 05-Dec-13 23:28:45

Poor poor Lola and poor you. I'm so sorry. Hold onto the happy memories you have of her thanks

HarpyFishwifeTwat Thu 05-Dec-13 22:18:14

So so sorry for your loss. Many of us here have experienced something similar and are here for hugs and hand-holding. flowers

everythinghippie29 Thu 05-Dec-13 21:46:33

So, so sorry to hear that. sad thanks x

ShirleysTempleofDoom Thu 05-Dec-13 21:31:11

So sorry, we've lost a cat on the road before and it is a terrible shock. Poor little Lola. Hope you and dc are doing ok. Be kind to yourselves flowers

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 05-Dec-13 21:11:50

Can't believe they didn't stop angry some people are scum.

WTFwasthat Thu 05-Dec-13 20:54:54

bastard driver did not even stop to see her. My poor baby sad

SecretSantaFix Thu 05-Dec-13 19:07:05

I am so sorry.

I have had two cats who have been hit by cars.

Jinglebellsforthebetter Thu 05-Dec-13 19:01:18

RIP Lola hmmthanks

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 05-Dec-13 18:45:46

Oh I'm so sorry. What an awful sight for you to see.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 05-Dec-13 17:26:57

Jeez! The poor thing. Its no consolation now but time does make it easier and dcs are very good at getting over pet deaths. Far better than us adults.

WTFwasthat Thu 05-Dec-13 17:24:19

it really is startling how hard it hits you isn't it. Thank you for your words. She was hit yesterday. The neighbors rang me as i was walking the dog. I got home to find an animal ambulance here. I coaxed her off the fence where she had run to. Her eye was popped out and she was bleeding from her nose and mouth. The vets said they'd need to wire her broken and dislocated jaw and remove her eye. This morning they saw the extent of the damage to her jaw. It was completely adrift in her mouth having become detached from the bone at the back. They could not fix her. I'm so so sad. Telling the children was horrendous. She was our baby. We have 2 other cats and a dog. But she was so special. sad

cozietoesie Thu 05-Dec-13 16:52:16

So sorry - for all who have lost.

allmycats Thu 05-Dec-13 16:45:03

OH WTF I feel for you - I lost my big boy Hepcat last year to road accident just outside my gate, apparently he was sitting minding his owb busines and reversed over.

I am trying to hold you hand and comfort you from afar

PipkinsPal Thu 05-Dec-13 16:44:26

I'm sorry for your loss. I went through this 5 days ago too. Barnaby who was only 3 was a character and out of him and his brother he was always the one I had to go out looking for. I cried last night thinking that even though I will think of him and say his name very fondly I will never call him to come in again. If I didn't have his brother around I would be in tears. Sorry for you too mabelene. thanks

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 05-Dec-13 16:40:35

Sorry for you too mabelene

Mabelene Thu 05-Dec-13 16:39:53

Poor Lola, we've had to have one of our boys put to sleep this afternoon, it's always difficult but just remember the happy times thanks

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 05-Dec-13 16:39:11

Awww! I am so sorry to her this. We had a lovely lola and she ran away- i think/hope. I tell dses she is the cat on the whiskas tins so we see her every week in asda and they talk to her. smile

peachactiviaminge Thu 05-Dec-13 16:36:42

I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free Lola x

WTFwasthat Thu 05-Dec-13 16:31:06

we are so sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now