£15 booster, £30 course of vaccinations.

(9 Posts)
cozietoesie Wed 16-Oct-13 16:59:18

Even so - if you're tight on finances but want to cover your cat, it's well worth it. Good on CH.

smile

Nope. That's it. The only drawback is that on vaccination clinic day it's rather like an A & E department . There are no appointments - just a set morning when anyone can come along. It's very, very busy and you can be waiting for ages in a very full waiting room.

cozietoesie Wed 16-Oct-13 16:26:48

That's a good deal, TCN. Would there be a consultation fee on top of that?

If anyone's in London Celia Hammond's run a vaccination clinic which costs £10 per vaccine (so £20 for a course) and we use Purevax.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 16-Oct-13 14:02:29

Oh no, do you think it's sub standard vaccines??

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 16-Oct-13 13:37:38

It's very complicated cozie. There is a list price, then there are volume discounts, contract discounts, buying group discounts and finally wholesaler discounts which give you what we call the net, net price. In truth whilst the list prices vary quite a lot by the time all the discounts are applied they all end up costing roughly the same per vial.

cozietoesie Wed 16-Oct-13 13:28:53

Out of interest, is there a price difference wholesale on them also?

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 16-Oct-13 13:11:12

Can I suggest asking questions as to which vaccines they are using. Not all vaccines are the same. I would only vaccinate my own pets with Purevax for cats and Nobivac DHPL4 for the dog. These give the best protection in the market. The difference between the oldest vaccines and the newest can be quite marked.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 16-Oct-13 12:41:30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now