Catnip heaven

(8 Posts)
Preciousbane Sun 13-Oct-13 21:16:02

We gave our cat a catnip treat today, she has only had dreamies treats before.

I have never seen anything like it, she was writhing around the floor and rubbing her face in it for ages before eating it. She drooled so much she left a wet patch on the carpet, her eyes went huge and her face was so wet all her fur clumped together.

I'm almost tempted to try one myself.

LidlAngel Sun 13-Oct-13 21:20:39

I planted some catnip in a corner of my garden. My cat is now a junkie, and it's all my fault grin

RandomMess Sun 13-Oct-13 21:21:50

Does it grow easily?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Oct-13 21:55:36

You can buy growing kits, if it's the same genus as regular mint I'd imagine the main problem would be containing it.

We had a bag with the scratch pad, I keep it in my bedside and he drags it out with his paw when he wants it.

Pets at home sell dried and growing kits.

LidlAngel Sun 13-Oct-13 21:57:54

I bought mine (his) as a small plant from the herb bit of my local garden centre. It grows like a weed, and is very hardy!

RandomMess Sun 13-Oct-13 21:59:53

I can kill anything <<preen>> perhaps I'll give it a go. Is it actually called cat nip or something else?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Oct-13 22:03:54

It might be called cat mint.

There was a lady on R4 gardeners question time who killed several budleia, was that you Random? I

LidlAngel Sun 13-Oct-13 22:03:56

I planted it in a small flower bed next to the garden fence, and it has grown up, out and under the fence too. I can't remember what it was called sorry, if you ask for a catnip plant I'm sure they'll help you out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now