Help I just stood on my cat

(21 Posts)
bouncingbelle Thu 10-Oct-13 17:22:22

Accidentally stood on my cats back leg, noticed there's drops of blood on the carpet and on the bed (where he ran to).looks really watery. He,s also limping and I thought I could feel a swelling just below what would be his knee, if you see what I mean. He ode oesnt want to be touched. Should I take him to vet tonight or wait to see how he is in the morning?.

Tonight if you can, he's in pain if he doesn't want to be touched. And the blood. Hope you and the cat are ok. x

Tonight, don't leave him in pain.

Hope he's ok, and you!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 10-Oct-13 17:25:52

Take him now, you might have fractured it.

We all tread on them/trap their tails in the window/accidentally smack them in the face.

It happens.

cozietoesie Thu 10-Oct-13 17:25:56

I'd take him tonight just in case. (Your reference to the blood. When something goes wrong enough to have blood leaking out of a body, then you need to have him checked even if he's maybe just got a skin lesion from being scraped by a shoe or something.) Did you hear any sort of cracking sound?

I was closing the patio door today and Sparkling Cat ran through the ever decreasing gap. I went all hot and cold.

I have also been known to drop a food pouch on her head every now and again. blush

SilverApples Thu 10-Oct-13 17:28:11

Vet, definitely. Cat bones are fragile, and if you don't get it sorted ASAP the possible ligament and tendon damage could cripple him permanently.

cozietoesie Thu 10-Oct-13 17:29:08

Oh - and yes, as Fluffy said. We've mostly all done it. Seniorboy sits on dark carpets in the semi-dark with his (dark) tail spread out behind him rather than tucked neatly. How I've managed to avoid it I don't know.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 10-Oct-13 17:31:18

At least you don't feed tinned food sparkling grin

cozietoesie Thu 10-Oct-13 17:32:32

grin

grin Good point Fluffy. shock She is always full stretch up the kitchen cupboards when I get the food out, and bats it with her paw. hmm

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 11-Oct-13 09:08:40

Did you take him to a vet?

bouncingbelle Fri 11-Oct-13 21:45:51

I did.....he,s blatantly just a drama queen and is totally fine blush but I'm STILL making it up to him, I feel AWFUL!!!

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who,s done this though!

cozietoesie Fri 11-Oct-13 21:50:56

Maybe just got a wee nick which bled. But yes - he'll work it for ages.

You did the right thing to have him checked though.

smile

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:01:34

It's better to take them and pay a consultation fee than not to and pay hundreds for intensive treatment.

One of our relatives scared/hurt our cat 2 years ago, he's just about over it. He still keeps an eye on them though, just in case they are cat killers.

You did the right thing.

Definitely Fluffy. You are paying for peace of mind and reassurance.

DidoTheDodo Sat 12-Oct-13 14:43:54

My H managed to shut Didokitty in the door last week. He was wondering why the door wouldn't close.
Didokitty is fine! (She has such a tiny squeaky meow and H is hearing impaired, so no chance of hearing her complain!)
At the moment they are tucked up together on the sofa having a siesta!

SilverApples Sat 12-Oct-13 14:45:11

I'm so pleased that he's OK, and that he is a dramacat. smile

DidoTheDodo Sat 12-Oct-13 14:48:44

I love the idea of a dramacat. Does he gallop around perfectly well until you come into view and them start limping and looking pathetic?
Delighted he is ok though.

CallMeNancy Sat 12-Oct-13 14:55:15

My cat once got taken to the vets as we thought he'd cut all his paws. Bloody paw prints everywhere, sad looking cat who wouldn't let me touch his paws. Very good actor, that cat.

It was anti climb paint blush

bouncingbelle Sat 12-Oct-13 17:26:59

Haha loving the dramacat stories! Yes, he does have a history of it - lies on bed giving feeble meows n looking utterly pathetic if he,s the slightest bit unwell.....till he hears the rustle of plastic and flys through to kitchen to see if it's a chicken stick treat being opened! You,d have thought I,d have wizened up to it by now!,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now