Food (wet and dry) cheapest but good

(31 Posts)
Karbea Thu 10-Oct-13 08:55:10

Hello,

I need to do some economising, so the cats will need to do some too! Can anyone recommend good but cheap food? I suspect tins are cheaper than pouches? Happy to order bulk online if it'll be cheaper overall, I've 4 cats so get through a lot of food, most of which they just spread around the floor rather than eat any way ;)

livinginwonderland Sat 19-Oct-13 13:24:48

Butchers Classic at the moment, but they love Tesco Kitten food too (they're nine months).

For biscuits, they get either Tesco's own or Go-Cat for indoor cats.

Sparklingbrook Sat 19-Oct-13 13:33:57

Right. Butchers tins update. She is going off it. sad

RandomMess Sat 19-Oct-13 13:36:58

Zoo plus are very inexpensive for lots of the branded food - just google them.

itsnothingoriginal Mon 21-Oct-13 14:16:58

Sparkling - I was just coming on to say the same sad the Butchers Classic now just sits in the bowl uneaten whilst she polishes off the dry food (Royal Canin Kitten)

So I spent ages in the supermarket today trying to find another kitten wet food brand to try - I really don't want to go back to Felix pouches as definitely upset her digestive system shock but she ate it like there was no tomorrow!!

Do all the others have cereals in them? She's still a kitten so should I be getting the kitten wet food or can I give her the better quality adult wet food now?

(sorry for the hijack OP)

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Oct-13 15:10:23

Sparkling Cat will eat the first inch of the tin, but any subsequent meals from that tin are refused. sad

itsnothingoriginal Mon 21-Oct-13 18:07:15

They are fussy aren't they!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now