Kittens! Meet the AI Fosters on Kittencam!

(45 Posts)

John had just said goodbye to the Looney Fosters at the weekend, and has taken new ones on.

Here is what he says about the new litter "Glados gave birth to Hal, a litter of one, on August 30th. Their family seemed incomplete so they adopted three little boys (Holly, Jarvis and Eddie) who were part of a litter of nine that was born on September 4th. Hal is a great big brother and Glados adores all four of her babies! Hal is the dark brown tabby, Jarvis is solid gray, Eddie is the gray tabby and Holly is gray and white."

cozietoesie Sat 16-Nov-13 20:11:25

All adopted.

smile

It's adoption day for Glados and the AI kittens, hope they all find good homes especially Eddie, cos he's my favourite.

cozietoesie Fri 25-Oct-13 00:57:26

For those who didn't notice, Purrfect Pals won the Shelter Challenge. That's going to mean a lot of food etc for the rescue!

And to echo what Fluffy said, people on the Kitten Cam are talking about who to support next time (next challenge starts towards the end of the month) so as to spread the rewards to another deserving rescue.

smile

cozietoesie Sun 13-Oct-13 10:24:47

There are a good few prizes so Blind Cats should get one. (I also have a feeling that they got the main prize last year - although I'll stand to be corrected on that one.) They're certainly a great cause although I have a little heart tug for Oldies But Goodies as well.

It's always a difficult one. I doubt I'll vote for PP next year but I'm mindful of the fact that they nearly ran out of food a few months back so this prize (if they get it) will sort the main PP for a good few years. (It's not just FDJ and the KittenCam of course.)

So many rescues are living hand to mouth that it near breaks your heart. Seniorboy wink donates to a few of the UK ones.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Oct-13 10:00:18

I voted for blind cat rescue, pp are way ahead but I'm hoping blind cats might get some money too.

cozietoesie Sat 12-Oct-13 22:47:54

Second last vote for Purrfect Pals. Fingers crossed for them.

cozietoesie Sat 12-Oct-13 15:11:50

Foster Dad John will have another lot soon enough I reckon - although I hope he gives himself a decent break this time.

smile

DidoTheDodo Sat 12-Oct-13 14:47:11

I have introduced the kittycam to my work colleagues and we now have Kittybreaks in preference to tea breaks.
Really brilliant stress relief.
Whatever are we going to do when they grow up and leave??

cozietoesie Fri 11-Oct-13 11:48:12

Holly's found the kibble.

cozietoesie Thu 10-Oct-13 17:36:27

Remember to vote everyone. The challenge finishes on 13 October I think (you can vote once a day) and it would be a shame for Purrfect Pals to be pipped at the post. That prize would make such a difference to their work.

smile

cozietoesie Wed 09-Oct-13 09:52:23

I should imagine that a close eye is being kept on him. Last night, John was finger-feeding him bits of Mom's food and he was taking it in. I was just a tad worried because he seemed a little behind in development as well as size. But I'm guessing that if he gets into danger territory, he'll be taken off and fostered.

Latest weigh-in (Hal aged 39 days, the others 34 days) - Hal = 629g, Eddie = 584g, Jarvis = 485g and Holly = 360g. I just looked up the data for Firefly's kittens at 34 days and even Inara was bigger than Holly (418g). But Holly is gaining again after a couple of static days.

cozietoesie Tue 08-Oct-13 20:33:47

Holly is little isn't he?

Yes, Inara from Firefly's litter was well behind all the others size-wise but she was fine. And it meant that we got to enjoy watching her on the webcam for a bit longer :D

cozietoesie Tue 08-Oct-13 09:17:06

The 'Breaking Out' video is wonderful.

cozietoesie Tue 08-Oct-13 09:10:31

Some cats are just a tad smaller than others. Holly is in good hands though - anything wrong and I'm sure FDJ will have the situation sorted pretty quickly, ill though he is.

Off to look at new situation.

The cage is open!

I was watching Hal and Holly playing together earlier - the size difference between them is... dramatic. But Eddie is almost as heavy as Hal, so it's not just that Hal's a few days older. FDJ posted on Facebook that there were concerns Holly may have a hernia, but he's had a good check and all seems to be OK.

cozietoesie Mon 07-Oct-13 21:11:22

Getting Holly away from Hal would be a start. He's monopolising every teat in sight from what I can see. (As well as sitting on everything and eating every tail.)

I think the room expansion is happening sometime very soon.

Holly has had a couple of days of no weight gain, so Foster Dad John may start supplementary handfeeding for him, as happened with Grant in the Mythbusters litter.

JerseySpud Sun 06-Oct-13 22:14:06

omg im in love with the pale grey!

cozietoesie Sun 06-Oct-13 18:39:51

I don't know how long Mum and FDJ will be able to keep that Hal under control. I suspect an escape attempt is on the cards.

cozietoesie Sat 05-Oct-13 19:27:38

That would be Holly - at the bottom of the pile and (as ever) in danger of being suffocated by Hal! She's a bit obsessed with CF.

moonbells Sat 05-Oct-13 18:39:07

Just popped on and there's a kitten asleep in the chickenfish! grin

cozietoesie Sat 05-Oct-13 14:14:21

It looks as if at least two of them have fallen asleep on the milk bar.

smile

cozietoesie Fri 04-Oct-13 17:55:31

What a lovely cat. Almost as cute as Holly! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now