Weirdest things your cat eats?

(54 Posts)
SleepyCatOnTheMat Fri 06-Sep-13 21:01:07

Am sitting right now watching my cat eat green beans with great relish! He also enjoys partaking of vegetable curry and baked beans. (I don't give him these, he just steals them at any opportunity).

AthelstaneTheUnready Fri 06-Sep-13 22:15:12

Bees. And grapes. Mice front legs, but not mice back legs. Roast chicken but emphatically not roast turkey.

Chibbs Fri 06-Sep-13 22:18:53

mine LOVES corn on the cob. will eat the whole thing! he also loves those little raspberries covered in yoghurt.

Catmint Fri 06-Sep-13 22:18:58

My old boy was wild for quorn slices, but only the turkey and stuffing flavour one. He could be persuaded to do anything with one of those.

Also known to eat beetroot, baked beans, tomato and peas. Not all together.

lottiegarbanzo Fri 06-Sep-13 23:00:13

And bean sprouts - fresh, not cooked.

catmint That's amazing. I've never found anything that will eat quorn. Even the foxes turn their noses up at it. They're not fooled for a second that it's real meat.

endoftherainbow Fri 06-Sep-13 23:20:56

peanut butter on toast or pizza crusts

monniemae Fri 06-Sep-13 23:40:18

thecatneuterer mine goes memtal for quorn. Any quorn. Loves quorn ham, bacon, pieces etc. Definitely can't tell it is fake meat! He may be a greedy, indiscriminate little sod though grin

PrincessKitKat Fri 06-Sep-13 23:45:40

Olives.
Mashed potato.
Butterflies.

But she's horrified by the smell of strawberry yoghurt.

One of ours loved tinned green beans.

Another was into crisps. She could hear a crisp packet being opened from miles away grin

pinkyredrose Fri 06-Sep-13 23:52:16

Mine loves mash too and the cheese from the edge of the pizza. Ice-cream is a huge hit too.

pinkyredrose Fri 06-Sep-13 23:54:03

Oh and she loves to lick the plate after I've had toast but doesn't want the toast itself!

curlyclaz13 Fri 06-Sep-13 23:56:46

cat no longer with us went mad for peas he would climb up to eat them out the pan (after the hob was off)
mini cat loves houmous.
Another long gone cat liked jam tarts and malteasers, he used to come running if you had them grin
yy to ear wax, several cats liked it confused

BrennieGirl Sat 07-Sep-13 00:00:48

Our cat loves cheese and particularly feta.

Today I discovered, whilst having a cheeky snack with him almost sitting on my chest, that he is partial to salted caramel ice cream.

Kittenkatzen Sat 07-Sep-13 00:04:47

Mine loves anything woolly or fleecy...she's chewed her way through many a jumper, scarf and blanket. And if she gets near the sock drawer it's like all her Christmases have come at once!

Pringles blush

sashh Sun 08-Sep-13 07:28:39

Chips.

I took them of her as I don't know if they would so any harm.

SleepyCatOnTheMat Sun 08-Sep-13 18:37:21

Ooh, mine likes butterflies too - he's been catching them all summer long.

edam Sun 08-Sep-13 18:43:16

Moths and spiders. Horrid seeing the legs sticking out of his gob! Toast, cereal, pasta, pizza - I keep trying to tell him he's supposed to be a true carnivore but I don't think he's read the books...

edam Sun 08-Sep-13 18:45:34

Oh, and washing up sponges. I've had to stop using them as cat thinks they are prey and must be hunted and devoured. Odd thing is, my sister has his brother and he has the same thing.

macthecatsmum Sun 08-Sep-13 18:51:37

Long departed mog loved chocolate-especially choc coated ginger. And she and dog used to stalk me for thorntons toffee. the dog loved oranges-we had to peel two-one for us one for her-and apple peel. my sister had a cat who ate daffodil flowers and would drool and suck on t shirt and jumper armpits.

macthecatsmum Sun 08-Sep-13 18:54:59

oh and frogs horrible yet funny seeing back legs hanging out of mouth with front bit down throat going croak.(the frog, but cat's throat was moving in time)

ihearsounds Sun 08-Sep-13 19:07:21

Deep heat. Yes you are reading correctly. Didn't matter who it was on, old cat used to lick it. Weird cat. She was also partial to wotsits. Toenails. Tinned tuna, she could smell a tin once the opener broke through tin and she would come running. Bread, but strangely wouldn't eat a tuna sandwich. Lemon shower gel. Christmas trees. Brown paper would be shredded. Oh and ginger biscuits. The cat had a friend that would occasionally come in and have a nose around. We had to make sure if we were having a lager that cat couldn't get to it. Caught it more than once trying to have a drink.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GetStuffezd Sun 08-Sep-13 19:20:55

Scrambled eggs, raw eggs (I let them lick it off the floor if I drop one, even though it makes me gag to watch them), Greek yoghurt, and YES, curry!! So interesting to see others' kitties eat curry too!

Wasapea Sun 08-Sep-13 19:26:49

Wasacat number three eats toast, crisps, corn on the cob, chips, pizza, curry, pasta, yoghurt, piocorn. Basically anything I'm eating. He swipes at it on its way from the plate to my mouth. Today he tried to snaffle chocolate digestives. Bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now