Fleas....

(6 Posts)
curlew Thu 22-Aug-13 07:04:47

.....what is everyone's favourite flea treatment? I used to swear by Frontline- but it doesn't seem to work as well as it did. Preferably something that I can buy online, because my fleabag absolutely hates the basket, the car and the vet.......

lljkk Thu 22-Aug-13 07:23:08

Vacuuming frequently.
Have you sprayed house with Indorex, too?

curlew Thu 22-Aug-13 07:36:15

I do all that- it's the fleas on the actual cat I have a problem with this time.

lljkk Thu 22-Aug-13 07:42:32

Advocat is supposed to be better because it combines flea birth control with pesticide AND a wormer (still need regular worming tablets twice a year, mind, for worms not covered).
My vets let owners buy Advocat OTC as long as they have seen the cat in person within the last yr (which is easy with annual-ish) jabs.

The other thing is make sure you have the dose right. Cats > 4 kg (? most cats are > 4kg) need the XL-cat dose.

lljkk Thu 22-Aug-13 07:43:41

oh, and ps: I've heard that you can see vets at P@H on a drop-in basis, the checkup is free if you buy flea control from them and they have Advocat. Not gone that route, and still requires rounding cat up for a visit to vet, but can be done on weekends & evenings, perhaps.

curlew Thu 22-Aug-13 08:02:45

Thank you. Our vet is actually a shorter drive than P@H- and she has dealt with the many clawed whirling dervish before so I suppose I'll just have to get my gardening gloves out, reinforce the cat basket....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now