Thread in Chat. Anyone got words of wisdom to add?

(6 Posts)
hugoagogo Thu 22-Aug-13 21:56:28

It is scary.
We adopted a cat from CPL recently and it puts me off using them again a bit. The person who was fostering her was a bit off with us, as if she didn't trust us to look after a cat; very off putting.

I supposed it skews your perception of people if you are constantly faced with animal cruelty and neglect, but still some people are nice.

Makes me feel like keeping Sparkling cat indoors. sad

issey6cats Wed 21-Aug-13 21:18:31

it is by law the CPl should have held the cat for two weeks and used the chip details to contact the owner and only after writing to her should then have put the cat up for adoption, i nearly lost one of mine to them she was staying with my mother in law while we were on holiday for a few days ,nasty neighbour of hers who knew it was our cat phoned CPL and said she was a stray hanging around, if my MIL had not been in that day we would never have known that they had taken her

It's a weird one isn't it issey?

issey6cats Wed 21-Aug-13 21:10:10

have told the OP the legal position on stray cats that come into rescues and it looks like the CPL didnt do what they should have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now