Would most rescue centres say no to us?

(28 Posts)
Mckayz Tue 20-Aug-13 16:07:02

We are considering getting a couple of kittens. I'd rather adopt from a rescue centre instead of from an ad in the paper etc.

We have 3 DC, 6, 4 and 14 months. My Mum has a cat and the older 2 are very gentle with her and the 14 month old doesn't pay her much attention really.

We have a busy main road out the front. A quiet little lane and lots of fields at the back. You can't get to the front of the house from the back without walking about 1/3 of a mile to a cut through. We'd never let the cat out of the front door.

I remember being a child and the RSPCA not letting us adopt kittens as we lived near a school so the road was busy at drop off/pick up times.

Are we likely to be turned down?

Thanks

Selks Mon 26-Aug-13 10:46:13

Heartily recommend anyone getting a cat or kitten from Yorkshire cat rescue - they are brilliant and have lots of lovely cats and kittens that need rehoming.

happypotamus Mon 26-Aug-13 15:18:46

We got our kitten from CPL a couple of months ago. We live just off a busy main road and have a 2 yr old, so I worried we would be rejected as a kitten adopter. The lady who came to assess us didn't mention the road even though she came in the evening when it is especially busy. She saw our 2yr old with the cats we already had and accepted that she has always been very good with them. I would have expected a large organisation like CPL to have standard criteria for assessing potential adopters, but it seems not if we got accepted and other posters didn't despite having older children and less busy roads. Good luck.

woozlebear Fri 30-Aug-13 10:56:29

OP when you say You can't get to the front of the house from the back without walking about 1/3 of a mile to a cut through. We'd never let the cat out of the front door do you mean a person can't get from the front to the back without a long walk, or a CAT can't?

Is your house one of a really long row of terraces? Unless so I can't envisage a set up where a cat couldn't get from front to back quite easily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now