HELP! Garage have found a tiny KITTEN under my bonnet!

(329 Posts)
timtam23 Mon 19-Aug-13 10:39:09

Took car in for service this morning and garage phoned to say they'd lifted the bonnet & found a tiny tiny kitten...After recovering from the shock I walked over to pick it up & it's absolutely tiny - maybe 5 weeks? Eyes are open...All I've managed to establish so far is it's male - white with tabby patches - it's hungry and it's covered in fleas! We are a cat-loving household & have 2 very geriatric cats, hadn't bargained on a kitten at all but have to admit it's very cute. But I'm clueless about kittens - 18 years since I had one! Have given it a bit of chicken/ham food for adult cats, which it devoured, and phoned the vet, but what else should I do?

mignonette Mon 19-Aug-13 11:46:37

I want to see the kittens!

<<<<<Throws self on floor, screaming>>>>>..

cozietoesie Mon 19-Aug-13 11:48:37

I just had a look on Site Stuff and there's a thread there with people who are having the same problem so looks like you're not alone,OP.

DaddyPigsMistress Mon 19-Aug-13 11:51:06

[Envy] stuff like this never happens to me envy

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 19-Aug-13 11:52:50

Call him Almera! grin
DP used to have a cat called Cosworth!
Poor little chap! I wonder where his mum is!

Aw <shameless marking of place for cute kitten photo>

Dillydollydaydream Mon 19-Aug-13 11:54:19

Al smile
Hope he's ok. Poor thing.

GetStuffezd Mon 19-Aug-13 11:56:42

Oh wow! That's brilliant! Years ago one of our farm kittens managed to hide himself under the bonnet. We drove for ages before we realised what the strange meowing sound was. Poor little thing!
Can't wait to see pictures...

JuliaScurr Mon 19-Aug-13 11:59:17

mignonette grin

timtam23 Mon 19-Aug-13 12:17:58

Car hasn't been used or bonnet lifted since DH drove back from rural Berkshire a few days ago so it's an outside chance that he may be a stowaway from there (although I can't believe he would have held on up all the motorways!)

I just fleacombed him and there were a lot of live fleas, yuk. At least with them gone we can now all give him a proper cuddle!

Thanks for all the lovely replies, I'll let you know what the vet says, hopefully pic will be visible later as well

MrsWolowitz Mon 19-Aug-13 12:20:13

envy

Sparklingbrook Mon 19-Aug-13 12:21:39

Checked under my bonnet. Distinct lack of kittens. There was a cuddly grey cat sitting on the passenger seat as I left the door open. That was my cat though. sad

cozietoesie Mon 19-Aug-13 12:22:14

Rotten luck, Sparkling.

timtam23 Mon 19-Aug-13 12:27:51

Sorry Sparkling. One day it will be you I'm sure. I always though it would never be me!

I want a kitten in my car.

Maybe not right now as I have just driven for 5 hours, but at some point. KITTY!

Fairenuff Mon 19-Aug-13 12:30:55

Call him Milo (mileage)

< stretches car connection to ridiculous lengths >

Lancelottie Mon 19-Aug-13 12:31:19

I'm sure there are more car-related names to be explored here (though Karl is indeed a good start).

Carlos?
Dubonnet?
Chitty Kitty Bang Bang?

Bumper would be a good name for a bigger cat...

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 19-Aug-13 12:33:42

Diesel?

cozietoesie Mon 19-Aug-13 12:34:00

His name will come to you. You just have to remember that you'll (hopefully) have to spend years having it called out in the vets and, if he's an outside cat, calling it in the garden. Sometimes, suitable caution has to be exercised.

DaleyBump Mon 19-Aug-13 12:37:48

I have to see the picture of the kitten! Come on MNHQ, get your cat together!

DaleyBump Mon 19-Aug-13 12:38:16

*act, but what an autocorrect grin

TrinityRhino Mon 19-Aug-13 12:40:15

checked car, no kittens or puppies sad

<marks place for updates and kitty pics>
grin

Lancelottie Mon 19-Aug-13 12:44:20

Car-pet?

umm... maybe not.

upload to Photobucket shame about your profile issues!

Aw, lovely, I think Carpet is a fantastic name grin

moonbells Mon 19-Aug-13 13:27:32

Well I wish we'd named our kitten Diesel cos he sounds like a loud Diesel engine when he purrs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now