Cat with sores?

(12 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Sun 18-Aug-13 18:52:25

Ah yes damn auto correct the cone of shame an Elizabethan collar.

cozietoesie Sun 18-Aug-13 17:49:43

I think Lonecat meant a 'cone' of shame - and mistyped. Good luck with that by the way - Seniorboy regards head cones with even more venom than he regards collars!

penguinplease Sun 18-Aug-13 15:26:59

If I have what? Sorry I don't know what that is?

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 18-Aug-13 12:04:25

There are various things it could be though probably the most likely as you say he is licking it a lot is feline miliary eczema. Definitely needs to be seen by a vet. Stopping her licking it is a big part of the treatment so if you have a one of shame I would put it on and keep her in.

cozietoesie Sun 18-Aug-13 10:55:58

Ah right. Myself, I'd wait until you vet her tomorrow and find out what it is. If it is ringworm, you can have a go at the house then.

penguinplease Sun 18-Aug-13 10:53:50

She is about two, a real hunter and hates being inside at night, she only comes in during the day to eat and curl up and sleep. Not a homely or friendly cat at all! But we love her and want to do the right thing

cozietoesie Sun 18-Aug-13 10:46:19

<wiggles hands>

Well you haven't even confirmed what it is yet - and I suppose it's possible that it's a flea allergy. (You said you thought she didn't have fleas but is she given a real regular treatment?)

If you're vetting her tomorrow, I think I'd let her in. In fact, I'm wondering - given that she was out at night - whether she would actually prefer to be in, at least at night. I believe that stressed cats are more prone to certain infections and she may not like outside much if there are mean toms or something else around.

Does she have a tray inside so that she can stay in of a night if she wants to? And how old is she?

penguinplease Sun 18-Aug-13 10:39:01

Does anyone know by the way, should I stop her coming in until I've seen vet as that seems mean!

penguinplease Sun 18-Aug-13 10:04:41

Thank you, worried it might be ringworm so washing everything she's been near as precaution and will take her to vet tomorrow

Tabby1963 Sun 18-Aug-13 09:40:11

Yes, as cozie says, pay the vet a visit. I wouldn't be happy to see more patches appearing. My cats get into fights regularly and if they come back with broken skin from bites, I take them along for a check up.

cozietoesie Sun 18-Aug-13 09:17:32

Vet, I think, penguin. I'm just wondering about ringworm?

penguinplease Sun 18-Aug-13 09:09:58

Hi , hoping for some advice. My cat came in a few weeks ago after a night outside with a sore patch on her back near the top of her leg, the fur totally gone from the area. It hasn't been causing her any problems but she does lick it a lot. I felt it was probably best left alone and has slowly got a bit better. However I've just noticed two other small patches of the same.

Has anyone got any ideas?? I don't think she has fleas and I don't want to take her to the vet unless I really have to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now