What's so fascinating about the bathroom?

(17 Posts)
hugoagogo Sat 17-Aug-13 21:00:38

We have a new little cat and she is obsessed with the bathroom. confused

She spends hours sitting on the edge of the sink or in the bath, going to the loo without an audience involves lots of shooing and quite possibly clawing.

diddl Sat 17-Aug-13 21:40:55

Our cat sleeps most of the night downstairs on one of the sofas or in the dog's basket.

early morning she jumps onto the bottom of our bed.

When my husband gets up, she follows him into the bathroom, sits on his knee while he's on the toilet.

If he doesn't put the lid down quickly when he gets up, she has her paws on the seat watching the toilet flushing!

After he's had a shower, she jumps in for a drink!

She often naps on one of the mats as well-under floor heating!

cozietoesie Sun 18-Aug-13 00:18:02

My darling Twoago used to be fascinated by the bathroom and often used to jump into the empty bath to explore. Then, one evening, he decided to jump in when I was there - and the bath was full.

Never saw him in the bathroom again!

grin

itsnothingoriginal Sun 18-Aug-13 15:53:13

grin our kitten is also obsessed with the bathroom. As soon as we've had a shower in the morning she's straight in there sitting on the edge watching the drips!! She's fallen in the bath twice but it doesn't seem to have deterred her hmm

issey6cats Sun 18-Aug-13 17:57:07

my current foster kittens seem to find plenty to keep themselves occupied in the bathroom at the moment, yesterday was doing some cooking in the klitchen, came out and the little monsters had shredded a toilet roll all the way down the stairs, havent had loo roll shredders in the house for a while lol

cozietoesie Sun 18-Aug-13 18:09:42

Ah - I'd forgotten about those. Oneago was a loo roll chewer. (We used to get rolls that were so deeply bitten all over that the layers were worked together and the rolls were completely unfunctional.)

hugoagogo Sun 18-Aug-13 20:11:29

Thankfully she has yet to discover the joy of loo roll shredding, but I have discovered paw prints actually in the toilet bowl. shock

I knew she wasn't the only one, strangely our old cat considered the line where landing carpet and bathroom lino met as a barrier-she never stepped over it. confused

murasaki Sun 18-Aug-13 22:05:42

Tiny kitten likes to get in the shower tray as soon as I have got out and lick up the undrained water. I can't believe that traces of radox and john frieda shampoo either taste good or are good for her.

Big Cat has never done this, it's most odd.And she leaves tufts of fluff in the tray. I wish she'd stop.

moonbells Sun 18-Aug-13 22:36:43

We'd had our new kitten a week when I got a yell from DH saying he'd got up from the loo and kitten had jumped up and fallen straight in before he could shut the lid...

I got seriously spiked trying to shower the little b*gger clean. Luckily it'd only been a no 1 but all the same...

Couple of days later I treated myself to a bath and there he was again, tightroping along the edge. Fortunately for me, he didn't fall in this time... Now I check for cats and shut the door!

His latest trick is running off with the end of the loo paper a la Andrex kitten. grin Doesn't shred it though!

Kittens!

FairPhyllis Tue 20-Aug-13 18:43:46

The cat here will only drink from the toilet bowl, despite having nearly drowned in it when a kitten. If he hears the flush he comes running. Or if you are on the loo and don't shut the door you get a purry visitor and lots of wet cat nose on your thighs while you are trying to do your business.

sleepyhead Tue 20-Aug-13 18:48:00

Our cat likes to drink from the bath tap, despite having plenty of fresh water in her bowl.

She sits on the side if the bath waiting for someone to turn the tap on for her and then balances up by the tap to drink.

It's a pretty impressive manoeuvre given her substantial girth.

issey6cats Tue 20-Aug-13 22:22:30

quite often find my big ginger and white boy with his head in the loo drinking the water (yuk) despite a nice bowl of fresh water less than 3 feet from the toilet

Aprillisa Wed 21-Aug-13 02:30:55

Same here-4 mth old kitten is obsessed with the bathroom.Sits up on loo seat while you are on it,drinks from toilet bowl,fell into toilet yesterday (clean water) and got soaked but it hasnt deterred her..was back in there todayhmm.Sits in the sink also and loves spending time in the empty bath or shower trayshock.WTF?

Emmabombemma Wed 21-Aug-13 05:49:18

My cat has always sat in the bath - he'll only drink from the bath tap so just waits for you to turn it on. He also sleeps in the sink when it's hot - I assume the porcelain feels nice a cool. Funny wee beasties x

VenusRising Wed 21-Aug-13 12:06:52

My kit likes to play with water coming from the tap. She's fascinated, and paws at it, as if its alive!

Also walks behind you when on the loo, (very tickly) and insists on sitting on your knees when you're there having a poo. So far hasn't gone mad about the loo roll, but likes to lick clay and earthenware jugs etc.

She also likes to go herself in her litter tray when you're in the bathroom. I presume for a bit of company, or maybe it's behavioural: are cats actually pack animals?!

I presume the basin is lovely and cool in the heat emmabombemma What a clever cat you have! Can she turn on the taps?

Emmabombemma Wed 21-Aug-13 15:41:26

No, he hasn't figured that out yet. He just wails until one of us gets up and turns them on for him (even at 3am!).

hugoagogo Wed 21-Aug-13 20:25:52

I think she's gonna love one of these drinking fountains for christmas. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now