advice seeker, about my young male tabby.

(4 Posts)
deliasmithy Thu 01-Aug-13 20:36:34

In terms of fluids, tricks I am using at mo are refrigerated cat milk, adding water to wet, gravy based food and changing water more often.

Thank you, I will ask the vets I think. Hoping its not ringworm as I'm pg at the moment.

issey6cats Thu 01-Aug-13 14:39:01

it could be anything i would suggest take them both to the vets as both of them have scabs it could be a reaction to the flea treatment or ringworm which can be passed from one cat to another and to you as its zoonotic,

a vet would be able to tell you better than people on the net no matter how much experience people have, as for drinking some cats drink more than others, i dont have a fountain just bowls of water in various places round the house and one in the garden, for his upset tummy plain food like chicken and rice for a couple of days may settle it

He's had a dippy tummy for the past few days, he's not pale though. I checked his gums to find his colour. I don't think he drinks enough, which in this weather would give him an upset tummy?

Also he has little scabs on his skin, he's flea treated and has no fleas but he does have a tick, that we are going to remove when I get in from work. I think this is because we use advocate treatment and that doesn't stop all ticks. Does anyone recomend a better flea and tick prevention spot on?

And would anyone recomend a water fountain for cats? Do they work? Do they encourage them to drink.

We have another cat, she does most of the drinking, she also has the scabs but I think that could be a reaction to the new dried food we have bought them.

Hoping someone has some advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now