I think I am losing one of my cats in the morning <cry>

(46 Posts)
Babieseverywhere Thu 25-Jul-13 23:05:07

My cat....one of four in the household.

My cat...the one who jumped on my knee at the adoption centre and wouldn't budge, so we took him home.

My cat...shared our lives for 10 years 3 months 5 days adopted at 1 year old.

Carried home today after being missing for three days. He crawled as his back legs had given way <cry> Got as far as the backgarden of our neighbours...coming home to me. He couldn't make it over the fence.

I knew something was wrong, he never goes missing...always comes when I called and I called so many times recently.

He is in our spare room over night, in no pain. Vet advised us to bring him in the morning to PTS...said there is no treatment for spinal injuries but no need to rush him in tonight as he is not suffering.

We have had so many cuddles tonight...I have drank too much wine, cry a river and more....I'm hoping it is some freak vircus something curable but that is unlikely.

I am going to miss him so much sad <cry> Off to give him another cuddlesad

cozietoesie Thu 25-Jul-13 23:09:16

I know what it's like. I cried for a week when my darling Twoago passed.

Babieseverywhere Thu 25-Jul-13 23:21:33

Thankyou...RIP Twoago

chocolatespiders Thu 25-Jul-13 23:24:08

So sorry I feel my 18 year old grey tortoise shell who I have since 8 weeks old could take her last breath sometime soon and it is heartbreaking.

Have some more cuddles smile

Babieseverywhere Thu 25-Jul-13 23:40:56

It is so hard, isn't it. Especially as so many people don't understand. I know that I am so lucky to have four healthy kids and a loving husband but I can still be upset is my beloved pet is sick. sad

LeGavrOrf Thu 25-Jul-13 23:44:00

I am so so sorry.

I completely understand the heartbreak. I adore my cats (also have four) and I would be in bits if anything happened to them.

I hope tomorrow goes as well as it can. flowers

Babieseverywhere Thu 25-Jul-13 23:45:37

Thank you sad

LeGavrOrf Thu 25-Jul-13 23:48:13

It is probably no comfort but take solace in that you have him a loving home from the rescue for all those years, he could have had an unhappy home, but you gave him love and comfort.

cozietoesie Fri 26-Jul-13 08:29:22

Thinking of you all right now.

LeGavrOrf Fri 26-Jul-13 11:09:35

Hope you have had some good news.

Oh babies, I'm sorry sad

It doesn't seem like it now but when you look back on this it will bring you comfort that at least he made it home to you so you could say goodbye. He obviously feels safe and loved with you and wanted to be near you when he goes.

It's heartbreaking losing a pet flowers

Babies I am so sorry. Thinking of you.

cozietoesie Fri 26-Jul-13 14:28:15

Oh chocolate. Is she ill or are you just conscious of her age?

ChubbyKitty Fri 26-Jul-13 14:45:31

Ohhsad

I hope today went how you hoped I really do. I lost one of my babies recently and it was very sudden and horrible. I won't go into too much detail but there was a fire and the council returned him to us from cold storage in a bag. I still got one last cuddle with him but it was harrowing.

I know what you mean about people not understanding. But a furry baby is still a baby and it takes time to grieve for them all the same.

thankssad

cozietoesie Fri 26-Jul-13 15:02:05

Oh Good Lord, Chubby. That made me so upset. The only consolation I can offer is that fire victims usually die of carbon monoxide poisoning - which is peaceful.

I'm so sorry for you and the kit.

Catmint Fri 26-Jul-13 15:03:41

It is so hard to have a beloved cat pts.

I am so sorry.

AtYourCervix Fri 26-Jul-13 15:05:37

So sorry. Lost my old dog this week. Heartbroken.

Cuddle and remember the good bits.

chocolatespiders Fri 26-Jul-13 15:54:40

cozietoesie my girl is old and seems so aged,, She really doesnt do much anymore but loves laying in the sun. And she is a bit pongy sad although seems to manage to clean herself.

I'm so sorry sad

Sounds like he was meant to be with you. He will never forget the love you gave him and one day you will be together again.

Sweet dreams little kitty xx

Babieseverywhere Fri 26-Jul-13 18:44:27

Thanks for the understanding posts.

He came home from the vets ! smile They don't know why his legs aren't working. There is no sign of trauma or injury, they don't think he was attack or run over, just old and fell somewhere.

His legs have a tiny amount of movement, are warm and have pulses which is good. The vets said give him a week to see if he improves. If he is in the same condition next week to bring him back sad

DH and I have been making sure he is feed, watered, given his meds and hanging him over his litter tray.

I am happy we have more time with him, worried what will happen next week, but trying to put that at the back of my mind for now and enjoy the time we do have left.

Secretswitch Fri 26-Jul-13 18:52:20

Oh bless! Secret's cats ( 4 of them too!) are sending tonnes of healing thoughts! I hope your old boy makes a good recovery..
I have a very sweet old lady kitty who is getting on in years. She was a rescue cat too. I treasure each day with her. She is the sweetest, most loving little ginger kitty ever. Hard to believe some abusive person tossed her out the window of a moving car when she was but a kitten!
Love and hugs to you all..

ToffeeWhirl Fri 26-Jul-13 19:37:06

Oh, I hope you get lots more time, Babies. We recently had our first kitten and he had to be put to sleep because he contracted FIP. I was in pieces. I will never, ever again take it lightly when people say they have lost a pet, because we loved that kitten and we have all grieved for him. I really hope you get lots and lots more time with your cat <fingers and paws crossed>.

cozietoesie Fri 26-Jul-13 20:46:51

.......tossed her out the window of a moving car ........? Dear Goodness.

Hope you're all managing, Toffee.

ToffeeWhirl Fri 26-Jul-13 20:49:16

We are fine, thanks, cozie, but had to put the photos of ToffeeKitten away because DH and DS1 got too upset sad. Still think of him daily.

Hope Seniorboy is ok.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 26-Jul-13 20:50:02

Yay for the cat. I'm not sure who's going to feel more awkward about the litter tray situation though, you or the cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now