It's not just Norman

(7 Posts)
sashh Mon 22-Jul-13 02:19:07

I posted a while ago about my cat visiting Norman, one of my neighbours.

Well my carer went to collect a parcel that had been left with another neighbour and found Misty there as well as said parcel.

She apparently walks is 'as if she owns the place', has some cuddles and falls asleep on said neighbour's beer belly.

They thought she was a stray.

So I thought she was spending a lot of time outside in this weather and she isn't she is visiting people. She has a better social life than me.

cozietoesie Mon 22-Jul-13 06:43:01

Laughing here.

Is she rather portly? (I'm thinking Six Dinner Sid-ette.)

cozietoesie Mon 22-Jul-13 06:44:32

PS - I'm just thinking. How does she get in to your house? Maybe it's easier to get into theirs if she wants a quiet and safe snooze?

HawaiianSunset12 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:18:08

We used to have a cat who would visit a house about quarter of a mile from us. Originally, he went "missing" and we put posters up. The couple from this house telephoned to say Alfie was with them and they presumed he was a stray. We took him home and days later he was back at the couples. So we gave them our phone number and said to ring if he returned. He would visit all the time and in the end, Alfie went missing for good. At the same time this couple moved house. We believe they took him with them. We were sad to have lost him, but he was obviously happier with this couple.

sashh Tue 23-Jul-13 03:59:05

She has got a bit of a pot belly.

We live in bungalows and the back doors open from the living rooms to the gardens so in this weather we both have back doors open.

At night I have my bedroom window open and she uses that to come and go.

Apparently neighbour's 4 year old grandson loves feeding her so I have dropped some cat milk of with them, they are no longer feeding her.

I took a parcel down to my neighbours about 1/4 mile away, followed by the cat. He opened the door, cat walked in and he said "oh hello, there you are" to the cat. All the time I'd thought she was out and about she was doing the same as your cat - lying in their lovely warm conservatory being stroked and groomed. She was never fed and always reappeared around 6pm at ours looking very pleased with herself. Sadly she's no longer with us as she had to be pts in January with a huge tumour on her lung - I miss her so much as she was such a character.

sashh Sun 28-Jul-13 02:35:42

poor you frosty. When my previous cat had to be pts I was so upset. I still miss him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now