cat eye infection

(2 Posts)
madeuplovesong Sun 23-Jun-13 20:34:35

hi, just looking for some advice about my cat. last week her eye became quite gunky and sore looking and the third eyelid starting protruding. she was not herself at all and wouldnt eat her normal dried food although she is now eating wet food. took her to the vet on Friday who said its an eye infection and prescribed drops twice a day for 5 days. we have managed to get the drops in but she is no better. in fact her eye looks worse, its very red and the third eyelid bit is practically covering her whole eye. it looks like something from a horror show. she is eating again but is very subdued and quiet. just wanted to know if anyone has any further knowledge/experience of this. we will ring the vet tomorrow but I am worried she is going to lose her eye. is there anything else we can do? we are supposed to be going on holidays on Tuesday but I don't think we can ask our neighbours who look after her to administer the drops!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 23-Jun-13 21:46:59

No advice but if you are going away find a cattery that is feline advisory board approved that administers drops and has vet insurance.

You can't possibly leave an infected eye untreated.

www.icatcare.org/advice-centre/cat-professionals/listed-catteries-fab-listed-catteries

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now