Cookiecat at the vets with broken leg, hand holding please......

(39 Posts)
Cookiepants Sat 22-Jun-13 23:03:58

As it says in the title really. Cookiecat came home crying and dragging his hind leg. Emergency vets says definite severe break with possible pelvic injuries. Had to leave my girl there confused. Now at home having a hormonal wail (7 months pg), anyone have any positive tales to tell?

cozietoesie Wed 26-Jun-13 08:10:27

How's she doing?

Cookiepants Fri 28-Jun-13 09:22:52

Sorry for the late update. Cookiecat comes home today grin. Off to vets now will update when we have her settled in at home.

cozietoesie Fri 28-Jun-13 09:24:31

Fingers crossed. Have you got to give her cage rest?

smile

ZebraOwl Fri 28-Jun-13 09:47:28

Glad to hear Cookiecat's coming home today: I hope she heals up Well And Quickly smile

Glad she's coming home. We're all hoping for positive news. Please update us when you can.

cozietoesie Fri 28-Jun-13 21:51:54

Did she get home OK?

Cookiepants Fri 28-Jun-13 22:15:17

Sorry again for the super late update ! Naughty Cookiecat managed to chew out her stitches while I was ok my way to pick her up. She then needed to be reseated and sutured so we only got home around 20:30. She seems very settled now, we have set her up a "sick room" in the empty bedroom as we need to keep her movements to a minimum and I can check on her at night without going downstairs grin soo happy she is home in one piece (almost) her eyesight is much improved too. Only slight niggle is the vets have given her an enema and we only realised when we got home that her back end and paws were covered in poo shock which she can't clean because of the cone. A lovely job for DH ( pg so get out of all poo related jobs for now).

Thanks for all the support MN! It's been a really stressful week. Although worth it all to sit hearing her purr in her sleep. thanks to all.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 28-Jun-13 22:18:22

You must be exhausted. Glad she's home.

cozietoesie Fri 28-Jun-13 22:35:34

Glad she's back, poo covered or not. What a naughty one to take out her stitches.

Try and get some rest yourself now.

cozietoesie Fri 28-Jun-13 22:36:37

PS - and good news about the better sight as well.

smile

Slavetothechild Sat 29-Jun-13 16:19:10

Oh I'm glad she is home. Hopefully things will just keep improving now. She's a lucky cat to have such a caring owner

It's great that she's home. Does she still have all four legs?

ZebraOwl Sat 29-Jun-13 18:20:31

Glad to hear you got her home okay & what fantastic news about her eyesight! Hope her convalescence isn't too hard on her - nor indeed on you!

Littleballofhate Sat 29-Jun-13 18:28:09

LittleBallCats are chuffed she is home! Well done all of you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now