How do I stop my kitten weeing on paper?

(7 Posts)
chickensaladagain Fri 21-Jun-13 17:55:03

Kitten came to me litter trained and does use the litter tray most of the time but he also wees on paper

Presumably the previous owner had newspaper down for the kittens

Do I go back to basics with him -putting him in the litter tray after meals etc?

chickensaladagain Sat 22-Jun-13 08:17:06

Bump for the weekend crowd

cozietoesie Sat 22-Jun-13 08:21:53

Are there any particular types of occasion or times when he wees on paper? And is it any paper lying around or just, for instance, newspaper?

chickensaladagain Sat 22-Jun-13 08:26:08

He weed on a primark paper bag, a piece of flip chart paper dd was doing her homework on and a newspaper

He doesn't wee on the post that comes through the door though and does mainly use the litter tray

Karbea Sat 22-Jun-13 08:26:43

Pick up the paper? If its not on the floor maybe he wouldn't do it?

chickensaladagain Sat 22-Jun-13 08:33:25

The newspaper was put down while I went to hang the washing out

The flip chart paper was being written on at the time and dd didn't recognise the signs, just thought the kitten was being friendly!

But yes dd1 is a slattern and left the primark bag on the floor

CarpeVinum Sat 22-Jun-13 08:36:47

I have found the only way is to put everything away or put of reach until new habits get established.

A pain in the arse. But they do forget the "pee on crinkly things on the floor" thing if deprived of oportunity for...a very long time.

Dogs...not so much. But cats are much brighter better able to unlearn and form new habits.

Tis a right kerfuffle for people like me who are a bit...messy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now