best worming treatment?

(13 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 21-Jun-13 09:55:09

Just that really...

Any to avoid? Best all round treatment?

TIA smile

MrsApplepants Fri 21-Jun-13 11:42:55

We use Meral tasty cat ( from the vets) never had any issues and now have a good technique for stuffing the tablet down cats throat!!

MrsApplepants Fri 21-Jun-13 11:43:30

Actually it's milbemax tasty cat, not Meral

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 21-Jun-13 12:03:15

oh please share the technique...smile I've never done it before. i need to get some today from the chemists as i think she has worms sad

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 21-Jun-13 13:29:03

Milbemax is my preferred choice to nice small tablet size oval shaped so cat more likely to swallow.

crazyhamsterdisguisedasahippo Fri 21-Jun-13 13:33:11

Watching with angst as can't get any of my cats to take tablets & they really need worming !

MrsApplepants Fri 21-Jun-13 16:31:10

It's quite hard to describe the technique really, but here goes. Put cat on a table next to your left arm, have tablet ready in right hand. Hold cat close to your body with left arm, reach around with left hand swiftly open cats mouth, stuff in tablet with right hand and hold mouth shut, keeping it shut until cat swallows. Release cat.

portraitoftheartist Fri 21-Jun-13 20:31:44

Or: hold cat against you with left arm. Hold tablet in right thumb and finger, open mouth with middle finger, shove tablet QUICKLY to back of mouth. Hold mouth shut and stroke neck until cat swallows.
Or: wrap tablet in cheese or pate. Give a bit without tablet first.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 21-Jun-13 21:21:27

I bought drontal in the end.

it was a mission to get it down her but managed on the 3rd attempt. she fell out with me for an hour or so though grin

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 21-Jun-13 21:22:15

and I did mrsapplepants' method smile

gobbin Fri 21-Jun-13 23:09:29

Have just got some Panacur granules to put in their food.

They've also had Profender spot on, but it sends the little one bonkers.

MrsApplepants Sat 22-Jun-13 00:38:28

Cats do sulk for a while afterwards...

riojabotherer Tue 25-Jun-13 20:37:57

Milbemax here, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now