letting them out

(6 Posts)
paneer Fri 21-Jun-13 00:05:56

cheesy-cat has been living with us for 4 weeks now. yesterday I let me in the garden and I was literally next to her the entire time. bought her back in after 5 mins.
today let her out again and tried to be a bit more chilled. she jumped over the fence across garage roof and then off. I kept calling and shaking her food box but nothing. although I thought she was close as the bird were going crazy. turns out she was next door looking at their fish (safe, they are under decking)... she literally was 5m away!
went looking for her and neighbor said she was in their garden and I bought her home.

so my QUESTION is what now? do I let her out again and be more chilled and assume she knows her way back? I am anxious but she didn't actually go far.

cozietoesie Fri 21-Jun-13 12:36:34

paneer

Excuse me if I forget - is she neutered? And how old is she/what's her history?

Madlizzy Fri 21-Jun-13 12:45:04

You can let her out for longer periods, just do it before food time and she'll be back. smile

paneer Fri 21-Jun-13 15:06:01

she has been neutered.

been living here for 4 weeks. the rescue think she is around 2 yo.

I let her out again earlier today. she headed up the road and i spoke to another neighbor (they have loads of cats) who said they would keep an eye out and think she should be ok.

He ended bringing her back as she was meowing outside, think she might have got a little lost sad

paneer Fri 21-Jun-13 15:07:08

madliz think you're right. gradually build up the time and feed on return. she was famished when the neighbour dropped her back.

cozietoesie Fri 21-Jun-13 15:49:03

Alternatively - why walk when you can get some mug nice person to carry you home.

I think you might have a right one on your hands, paneer. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now