I have a cat!

(23 Posts)
Ponders Wed 19-Jun-13 23:36:14

OK - I'll get on with pressing that button grin

cozietoesie Wed 19-Jun-13 22:04:21

Ah - next to you is the hot weather equivalent. She's at home.

smile

LingDiLong Wed 19-Jun-13 22:01:41

Good point cozie, and in fact she is currently curled up right next to me for the first time!

Thanks Ponders, we are all pretty taken with her already. And if I were on the jury I wouldn't convict you...

cozietoesie Wed 19-Jun-13 21:48:15

Sorry - for those of you that don't know 'How to Murder Your Wife'.

the button defense

grin

cozietoesie Wed 19-Jun-13 21:44:51

The jury would press the button on that one, Ponders!

Ponders Wed 19-Jun-13 21:40:16

we have 2 young cats that came from a friend as kittens. DH never wanted any but has grown quite fond of these 2; now I keep looking at local rescue sites & pining for just one more, but he says over his dead body.

(would it be justifiable homicide, do you think? wink)

Catmint Wed 19-Jun-13 21:38:13

Lovely cat!

Ponders Wed 19-Jun-13 21:37:59

she is beautiful, Ling

she sounds like a perfect fit with your family! smile

cozietoesie Wed 19-Jun-13 21:33:53

If it's as muggy with you as it is here, don't expect it for a couple of nights. Cats like their surroundings to be just so and humans are a bit hot right now.

smile

LingDiLong Wed 19-Jun-13 21:14:08

It is a lovely relaxing sound! One thing I am hoping she'll do when she's 100% comfortable here is curl up and sleep on my lap - love a sleeping cat on my lap, it's 2nd only to a sleeping baby

pinkyredrose Wed 19-Jun-13 20:57:34

Ah bless her, she sounds like she's totally comfortable living with you. The sleeping on your bed is a good sign! There's.nothing nicer than a cats purr is there! smile

LingDiLong Wed 19-Jun-13 19:55:09

She's settling in well, sleeps on the end of our bed which is lovely. She is definitely more chilled out today, less wandering round and more sleeping. She purrs almost constantly as well.

pinkyredrose Tue 18-Jun-13 13:19:19

How's your new arrival settling in OP? What's she called?

itsnothingoriginal Mon 17-Jun-13 20:52:58

Congratulations! She's lovely smile

LingDiLong Mon 17-Jun-13 20:45:29

Thanks! She's being a naughty puss at the moment, she keeps pushing the door to the kids bedroom open when they're trying to sleep. They are delighted lol!

Iwillorderthefood Mon 17-Jun-13 20:26:11

Beautiful. I love cats.

pinkyredrose Mon 17-Jun-13 20:24:02

Oh she's beautiful! smile

cozietoesie Mon 17-Jun-13 19:49:55

Good looking girl!

smile

LingDiLong Mon 17-Jun-13 19:47:54

Thanks smile. Have uploaded a photo now, not a great one as she was on my lap!

pinkyredrose Mon 17-Jun-13 19:27:09

Oh she sounds lovely! Congratulations on your new addition! smile

LingDiLong Mon 17-Jun-13 19:23:12

Kids are great so far, very excited about her but obeyng our instructions to give her some space. The rspca weren't too concerned about the road so she doesn't have to stay indoors but I'll be keeping her in at night and at peak busy times. Oh and for the first 4 weeks of course. Will try and upload a picture now!

cozietoesie Mon 17-Jun-13 15:30:28

I remember your thread and I'm so glad you found your cat!

How are the DC getting on with her? And where are the pics for us to drool over? smile

Is she to be an indoor cat?

smile

LingDiLong Mon 17-Jun-13 13:28:02

I posted some weeks back about wanting a rescue cat but living near a busy road so thinking it might not be possible. Well I went to a open night at a rescue centre near me and was very honest about where I lived and the fact I have young kids and they told me it didn't rule me out at all. We had our home visit Friday and this morning took possession of a beautiful female tabby cat. She is so, so friendly. Hasn't stopped purring and seeking us out for strokes since she arrived. We have her blanket from the rescue centre laid out on a chair somewhere quiet, I've bought the same food they gave her at the centre and will stick to their feeding schedule for now...just hoping she'll be happy to use the litter tray when she needs it.

Any other tips to help her settle? Although she seems very content already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now