Ok so my neighbour has just been round about my cat ..

(14 Posts)

Apparently my Cat has a new favourite game which consists of laying in the middle of the road & playing dead hmm
It might not be such a problem if he wasn't the same colour as the road <grey> & its not like I can keep him locked up as he is the size of a fully grown jack russel

Any ideas how I can deter the daft git ?

cozietoesie Sat 15-Jun-13 20:42:52

Gawd. The Lodger used to do that - as if he owned the place. Like a flipping pasha.

Sorry crazy - apart from squirting him with water and yelling at him, I have no idea. (I'm assuming that he's in at night?)

nextphase Sat 15-Jun-13 20:47:13

Can you rope in any locals your friendly with, and arm them with water pistols. Anyone who sees cat in the road can aim water at them.
If you've still got the problem come the summer holidays, I'm sure the local boys will be happy to help!

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 15-Jun-13 21:12:00

I would also suggest the water pistol.

He likes water hmm he is a weirdo , ill have to be extra vigilant & warn the neighbours

wonderstuff Sat 15-Jun-13 21:14:03

Dye him? Pink would stand out!

cozietoesie Sat 15-Jun-13 21:14:54

The best of luck then. The Lodger survived, by the way, but I have absolutely no idea how.

Pink grin he would certainly stand out

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sun 16-Jun-13 00:03:08

Yep - dye him pink and if there's any back-chat meowing, tell him next time it will be Bagpus stripes so to think on!

Daft bloody creatures at times!

I think he would suit bagpuss style he has a lovely long coat grin

sashh Sun 16-Jun-13 07:00:35

Fluorescent collar? You can get some that have flashing LEDs.

Great idea sash thanks

I expect it's because the tarmac absorbs the sun and is lovely and warm. Perhaps you need a sign saying "new road calming measures in place" or "Beware of Sleeping Cat"!

crazyhamsterdisguisedasahippo Fri 21-Jun-13 23:26:24

ff I think the drivers would be a bit hmm confused

grin might just try it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now