Birman cat

(119 Posts)
EMUZ Sun 02-Jun-13 20:43:13

Disclaimer that it is not mine grin
She follows me everywhere, I mean to the shop (then sits outside and waits for me), to the car (then tries to get in the car)
Comes in the window and follows me round the house yowling. Won't let any other cat near me and hissed/spat at a neighbours cat yesterday that came over for a stroke
Is this normal for a Birman?! I mean, I just don't get why she yowls at me all the time. I don't speak cat and I'm sure she's thinking "stupid human" confused

Ujjayi Mon 22-Jul-13 09:39:06

But have you actually knocked on their door? Or put a note through their letterbox asking them to contact you? I barely see my neighbours day to day - even though we are all on friendly terms. I think you need to make more of an effort to make proper contact with them.

goodasitgets Mon 22-Jul-13 02:44:46

I still haven't seen them. I try not to over step the mark, she either comes in during the day (they must be at work) for a nap, or like tonight in the early hours of the morning
I have water down for her and she's never locked in - she jumps through my open window, but I do have to forcibly remove her from staying
I'd say she spends 85% of the day and night outside, she appears to never be in their house, but as mentioned they have no cat flap

Ujjayi Sun 21-Jul-13 08:22:03

Have you spoken to the owner yet? I know your intentions are good and clearly you have concerns about neglect. However, I have had a similar situation with a neighbour letting one of my cats in and treating him as their own - grooming etc - and I and my DCs were greatly distressed by it. He wasn't neglected he was just a good old-fashioned nosy puss who was over the top friendly smile

Please go and speak to them. Your concern may be enough to spur them into more attention for the cat (if indeed lacking) or they may be grateful for your interest & offer to rehome.

goodasitgets Sun 21-Jul-13 00:57:20

No cat visit today
At work. Feral cat wanders up to me yowling confused with a cut on its head
Have bathed cut, fed and watered it. Turning into cat woman, it has sat on my feet and miaowed while I stroked it
The cat signal must be up and working

cozietoesie Thu 18-Jul-13 09:21:28

Contentacat.

smile

goodasitgets Thu 18-Jul-13 02:14:42
goodasitgets Thu 18-Jul-13 02:09:55

Diva does not like heat. She doesn't want food or water or to play. An attempt to stroke her met with claws. Switched the fan on which was apparently terrifying. She just wants to glare at me and yowl confused

Apart from now where she is sat crying at the mirror grin

goodasitgets Wed 10-Jul-13 15:58:59

Much brushing smile
She's a loon

cozietoesie Wed 10-Jul-13 15:56:48

She's lucky you're not The Mad Catnapper Of Chigwell, eh?

(Her coat is looking better.)

smile

goodasitgets Wed 10-Jul-13 15:37:23
cozietoesie Fri 05-Jul-13 07:23:00

grin

EMUZ Fri 05-Jul-13 07:17:08

She's on the bed now but you did only ask about the video grinwink

cozietoesie Fri 05-Jul-13 07:06:29

Just checking.

grin

EMUZ Fri 05-Jul-13 06:51:33

Just looked at the video. The grey fabric is my top grin
The least said about being woken at 5am by her this morning, the better

EMUZ Fri 05-Jul-13 06:50:06

Haha I don't like cats, as if I'd let her on a bed grinblushblushblush

But no, I was lay on the sofa and the cat is on my boob!

cozietoesie Fri 05-Jul-13 06:44:15

Adorable.

Er - was that someone's bed she was on?

EMUZ Fri 05-Jul-13 00:04:12
EMUZ Wed 26-Jun-13 23:18:18

Nope. She's alternately known as Trouble or Diva. Or "that bloody cat" when she's crying for me

cozietoesie Wed 26-Jun-13 23:17:24

Have you found out her name, yet?

EMUZ Wed 26-Jun-13 23:15:51

Too content wink she's very photogenic and likes posing!

cozietoesie Wed 26-Jun-13 23:13:32

She looks very content.

EMUZ Wed 26-Jun-13 23:09:13
ZebraOwl Sat 22-Jun-13 15:02:37

She's not a cat who should be roaming though, is she... and letting cats out after dark is a contentious one regardless of breed!

Am so glad that she has you to look out for her grin

EMUZ Tue 18-Jun-13 17:09:42

Oh she won't come to any harm if I have anything to do with it
(Unless she carries on waking me at 5am) grin

HansieMom Tue 18-Jun-13 14:42:06

Well she has a very good home away from home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now