My cat hasn't come home

(25 Posts)

He's just next to me now kneading my best cushion.
And I havewine.

QueenStromba Sat 27-Apr-13 20:22:32

So glad he's back smile

These threads make me really glad that Battersea wouldn't let us have an outdoor cat. I was beside myself when I couldn't find ours the other week - I was convinced that we'd opened the sash window a bit too much and she'd escaped. Eventually found her sleeping under the sofabed in the office. Bloody cats! They can be so infuriating at times but I'd be lost without mine.

spudmasher Sat 27-Apr-13 20:15:55

Oh super news. Good grief, they do put us through it. My cat is 15 and in her twilight years but the thought of being without her is unbearable I've had her longer than I've had the kids!!!

the feeling even

The feeling is beyond description. The checking, then checking again. Waiting and willing for them to return. sad But they feeling when they come back......

It's as bad as waiting for teenagers to come home grin

cozietoesie Sat 27-Apr-13 19:24:01

Yay!

grin

storytopper Sat 27-Apr-13 18:45:31

Aaww - that's great! Have been in your position many times.

marriedinwhiteagain Sat 27-Apr-13 18:37:15

woo hoo wine with bubbles. Was reading with dread and trepidation. So pleased. grin

Yay! smile Glad you got him back.

Ooh yay!! Phew. wine grin

He's back!!!!!!
The man from the farmhouse found him locked in a barn. He received a hero's welcome.
Thanks for all your best wishes.

I posted on here the other day as mines went missing, she turned up (after DP and I searching everywhere around the area) trapped behind an old cot and some old bits of wood and a dismantled bed in the house, she had been silent and was stuck in a tiny space, we had to move everything to free her.

Could something like this have happened?

That night and morning was pretty torturous, you have my sympathies and I hope you find your cat soon. x

spudmasher Sat 27-Apr-13 16:36:38

sad

Actually that was the last thing he ate. I had tuna for lunch yesterday and a bit fell into his dish.
I have rung his bell and rattle his treat tin.

spudmasher Sat 27-Apr-13 16:28:32

Come back and let us know. have you tried opening a can of tuna?

sad Come back secretcat.

Wretched creature I'm off for another wander round.
DS will be distraught, he's not due home until 10pm. He is 15 and the cat is the love of his life.

cozietoesie Sat 27-Apr-13 16:24:37

They've had a long hard cold winter and now Spring is Sprung. That's it, I think.

What's with all these naughty cats at the moment? Is it because the weather has got nicer?
The lady over the road's cat went on a completely out of character whole day out last week, he usually never leaves the garden. sad

I really hope he comes back soon secrets, such a horrible feeling when they do this. x

spudmasher Sat 27-Apr-13 16:20:03

So worrying for you. I really do think something funny happens to cats at this time of the year when the sap is rising!!
My had has had loads more fights and scraps this week and has been behaving in a much more sprightly manner than usual. If a cat was going of for a bit of an adventure then I reckon this is the time of year to do it. All those new smells with the warmer weather.
Hope he comes home soon.

Thanks, I hope you're right.
He is chipped and I've spoken to all the neighbours I can find. I've been round the village looking on the verges in case he had been run over. We live down a tiny country lane backing on to fields so very little traffic.
He is 18 months old and hasn't done this before.

cozietoesie Sat 27-Apr-13 16:10:03

This is the sort of weekend where people are deciding to start tackling their gardens so a lot of sheds and garages will likely have been left open yesterday evening while people obtained tools. I know you said you checked but at least one cat on the boards this week was in a garage (if I recall) which had allegedly been checked - so here's hoping for you.

It's so worrying isn't it? We've had four missing cats recently on this board and all of them have turned up (although one of them was really lucky to have survived), so I'd bet that yours will turn up soon too.

If all your neighbours are aware and have searched their sheds and garages there is really nothing more you can do. Is he chipped?

Try not to worry too much and I really hope he turns up soon.

He's DS2's cat actually. He is a little creature of habit and he came in as usual when DS came home from school at 4pm yesterday, said hello and went out again and hasn't been back since.
Normally he turns up at 9pm and goes up to sleep with DS. He hadn't been back at all in the night, food untouched. I've been all round the village, checked sheds and garages and asked around sad.
DS doesn't know yet, he's gone out for the day.

Just read towicymru's thread so am hoping he's either stuck in a garage or snuggled up eating someone else's food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now