the worst thing your cat has dragged in?

(93 Posts)
chinley Mon 15-Apr-13 12:32:16

Mine dragged in 3 mockingbird eggs this morning. sad

I feel so sorry for the mummy coming back to the nest and finding all her babies gone. sad

I can't be angry at him though can I? He's just being a cat isn't he?

Someone will be along shortly to say how awful this all is.

Magnificunt Mon 15-Apr-13 16:32:49

Aww I don't have a cat, I wish I'd did now though. Imagine the fun!

Gerrof Mon 15-Apr-13 16:34:13

Sparkling you win with the snake grin

He is a beautiful looking cat isn't he. Murderous, but beautiful.

Gerrof Mon 15-Apr-13 16:34:34

Just waiting for the sad faces.

Ooh no Gerrof. No murdering. it slithered away, cat just wanted me to see it. grin

austenozzy Mon 15-Apr-13 16:35:41

Baby rabbits, baby pheasant, massive rats (farm next door), they even went for a juvenile mucntjac in the garden one morning. Now that would've been impressive. And edible... Evil little bastards, my cats.

The spookiest was when we brought DD home from hospital the day she was born. The next morning there was a baby rabbit laid out on the doormat, almost ceremonially, without a mark on it. Almost like a welcome gift to the new family member. <shudder>

Brunocat Mon 15-Apr-13 16:37:11

Don't have the cat anymore but he a killing machine. His prey of choice was a shrew, nearly always one a night, which he liked to crunch up in the bedroom. Also brought in a dead squirrel, a pigeon, two moles, mice, a huge dead rat and various other small birds. All totally disgusting. Really glad we don't have a cat anymore!

Some posters on this thread started by me would have sad faces.

HesterShaw Mon 15-Apr-13 16:38:34

When I was a teenager we returned from school and let ourselves in to find the cat (large ginger tom, classic alpha male) sitting in the hall looking like butter wouldn't melt. In the lounge we found a couple of mostly-dead starlings feebly fluttering, and the room was a bloodbath. The poor things had been flying at the glass windows all day trying to get out while the cat pranced and danced around having the time of his life. They had fallen down the chimney. Their beaks and wings were broken.

We had to take them outside and do the decent thing sad

Bastard cat.

stinkyfluffycat Mon 15-Apr-13 16:39:15

SEAGULL? Impressive...

HesterShaw Mon 15-Apr-13 16:43:13

The same vicious bastard ginger tom got a magpie.

ZumbaZara Mon 15-Apr-13 16:54:15

About a year ago DH comes upstairs to our bedroom where I am asleep and whispers " I need to go to hospital."
I mumble " What have you done?"
He replies " Don't want to say."
He then departs.
I sneak downstairs to find a sieve, bucket, torch but no blood.
I return to bed confused.
DH comes home with his hand bandaged some hours later.

Our big ginger tom cat had brought a live outraged rat through the catflap.
Kind hearted husband wants to save the rat but not wake the rest of us.
The rat and cat need to be separated in the scuffle husband tears a tendon in his hand. He then procede in silence and with only one hand, to try to catch the rat which is under the dresser using a sieve, torch and bucket. He takes the rat out. Doesn't want to upset me or make a fuss so pops off to have his hand sorted!!!!!!!

SarahLundKicksAss Mon 15-Apr-13 16:55:12

A rat. Alive. Which it proceeded to drop on my DS's bedroom floor, then start washing it's bum (cat, washing own bum, not rat.) The rat holed up behind the wardrobe and we had to shut the door and call rodent control. Ratcatcher man duly arrived, searched the room from top to bottom and finding no signs of ratty. We concluded that ratty had either escaped under the door and was therefore loose in the house, or had jumped out of the window.

After several sleepless nights we concluded that ratty had leapt from the 1st floor window (clever ratty!) although sometimes when it's quiet I'm sure I can hear a scratching.....

Bastard cat.

SarahLundKicksAss Mon 15-Apr-13 16:57:09

Blimey Zumba, was it the cat or the rat that ripped his tendon?

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 15-Apr-13 17:00:37

Hey, Sparkling
You have a pm

(apols for hijack)

ThePskettiIncident Mon 15-Apr-13 17:47:53

My old ginger cat came home one day covered in ketchup proudly carrying a rack of ribs from someone's BBQ.

Never worked out where from.

Thanks Hazel. grin

Passmethecrisps Mon 15-Apr-13 17:53:07

zumba your DH is a hero!

One cat brought a live rat into my bedroom and left closing the door behind him. I woke from a drunken slumber to find said rat sitting on my chest looking into my face.

Don't know who made more noise - me or it

Passmethecrisps Mon 15-Apr-13 17:54:57

Said cat used to have a preference for shrews. Known only becuse he used to leave only the pointy nose. That and sometimes an accusatory eyeball

moogalicious Mon 15-Apr-13 17:56:17

A seagull shock which he ate by the patio door as the dc were having dinner. I can only guess that the seagull was already dead or badly injured!

Talkinpeace Mon 15-Apr-13 17:57:56

A pound of sausages that my neighbour had left on her kitchen counter to thaw.
Hysterically funny actually.
A burger stolen off another neighbours BBQ - he burned his paws stealing that.
Large piece of doner kebab.

soaccidentprone Mon 15-Apr-13 18:00:16

My cat used to bring in loads of stuff - no idea where he got the from

Used pan scrubs
Stale sandwiches in paper bags
Stale bread rolls in paper bags

He once caught and ate a racing pigeon. There was just a leg, a ring and a pile of corn on the back doorstepconfused

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 15-Apr-13 18:00:40

Oh God this thread fills me with fear.

My 2 cats are nearly 2 and regularly bring in mice and voles - alive and dead. But boy cat killed a baby bunny in front of the children on Friday - their cries of 'no kit, not the bunny' will haunt me for a while.

But rats - honestly I will die. And I am phobic about birds.

And the killing season has only just started hasn't it. We back onto fields so its like their own wildlife larder right on their doorstep.

QOD Mon 15-Apr-13 18:03:15

Mocking birds are real?

AlwaysReadyForABlether Mon 15-Apr-13 18:03:36

My sister's cat brought a squirrel in through the cat flap. You could hear the cat saying "heave, heave" as he hauled it through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now