Sick of cat wee everywhere

(4 Posts)

First I would try a litter tray then. Sometimes cats don't like to go out - may be because of the weather, or may be because there's another scary cat outside. Also in this very bad weather the ground has been freezing so they have been unable to dig the soil, which makes them prefer to wee inside. So really, try a litter tray first.

ninja Sat 06-Apr-13 08:28:37

No litter tray as he can go out as often as he wants. I will try the vets, I wonder if they'll prescribe without him having to go as he hates travelling?

Thanks

I'm presuming that you've got a litter tray which you regularly clean and that your cat is neutered. In that case then it's normally a stress thing. Did the Feliway seem to make a difference? Vets sometimes give a hormone called Ovarid which can be useful in this situation and is used for a few months on a decreasing dose to sort of retrain the cat to stop spraying. It might be worth speaking to you vet.

To get rid of the smell try the 'Simple Solution' stuff from Pets at Home. It works a treat and doesn't contain ammonia which can encourage cats to spray again.

ninja Fri 05-Apr-13 23:38:13

I'm pretty certain that it's one of my cars marking.

We got 2 new cats 2.5 years ago. One (which is now with exH) he didn't get on with and I think that's when the marking started. He gets on ok with the other, but hasn't stopped.

It's worse if I go away, but every day there's some. It can be on the kids toys, if I leave anything differ on the floor and there are a few common places. I was away for 3 days and I spent nearly 2 hours searching for and cleaning up wee this morning sad

I'm constantly paranoid that my house smells. I've tried the feliway stuff, but it's too expensive to use in large quantities.

I feel bad that he feels he has to do this, but am getting sick of the smell and clearing up.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now