Cat being sick

(4 Posts)

I agree. The occasional bit of vomiting is nothing to worry about but if she's been doing it for 24 hours then she needs to see a vet. As QS said dehydration can be a serious problem in cats.

QueenStromba Wed 03-Apr-13 16:30:41

Cats can get dehydrated very quickly too. If her eyes aren't nice and shiny then that's a sign she's dehydrated which will require medical care.

cozietoesie Wed 03-Apr-13 08:43:08

If she's been vomiting for a day and a night, Ginger, I'd be thinking vet - in case she's ingested something she shouldn't have and is trying to upchuck it as the only way round the problem. The odd vomit is common but not so many.

Does she go outside? I'm wondering whether she could have hunted something and have a bone or so stuck.

GingerPCatt Wed 03-Apr-13 08:06:49

My cat has been throwing up for the past day and night. This isn't like her, she'll sometimes be sick if she's eaten too much but it's usually a one off. What can I do to help her feel better? Any ideas what it could be? As far as I can tell, poo is normal. She seems to be herself and doesn't seen to be sleeping more than normal, but normal for her us about 23 hrs a day. I'm worried for my little fluffy one confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now