Dithering! - please advise me cat experts.

(6 Posts)
cozietoesie Sun 31-Mar-13 17:43:44

I only pick up cats to put them in the box for the vet.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:34:13

Fluffy cat complains whinges like fuck every time you pick him up, Everytime, for the past 4 years.

Unless it's to his benefit ie he's stuck somewhere and then it's fine apparently.

merlincat Sun 31-Mar-13 17:00:13

They are both neutered. I'm hearing you about the picking up thing; one of them goes absolutely mental when you pick him up, or try to, I've never seen anything like it!

cozietoesie Sun 31-Mar-13 16:58:59

I'm not an expert merlin. All I'll say is that my Mom lost 5 or 6 cats to cars before she decided to have Seniorboy as a housecat. She lived on a quiet country lane - which, sadly, the local youth used as a thoroughfare late at night.

Your call m'dear.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 31-Mar-13 16:52:02

Have they been neutered? I think we let asbo cat out in the garden pre op under close supervision and then let him get on with it a few days after neutering.

I have a Bengal too, he's very nice to us but would turn into asbo cat scissor paws if anyone went to pick him up. DH has certainly had some wounds in his time from going out at 12am to find him on warm summer nights when the cat has decided he'd rather stay out.

Our neighbours chat to our cat, I heard her last week ask him if he was watching the doggy. I was just relieved I'm not the only one who speaks to him like a toddler.

merlincat Sun 31-Mar-13 16:46:06

We have a lot of cats. Main Coon (19 yrs) Siamese (7) Burmese (5) and Bengal boys (5 months). My question is when should I let the kittens out? Our older two use our garden for a potter round/sunbathe while the Burmese has an extensive and well-defended territory. We have quite a large house with a smallish enclosed garden. The street is quiet but, obviously, there is some traffic. The kittens are incredibly beautiful and very sociable. I'm scared that they will be stolen, to be honest. But it's not their fault that they are gorgeous looking and I have never liked the idea of keeping cats indoors unless it's absolutely necessary. Thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now