All hail the Japanese......

(14 Posts)
cozietoesie Tue 02-Apr-13 20:03:10

Oops - keep forgetting some of my language. (Spend time on some US boards.)

smile

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 02-Apr-13 19:34:32

Oh, but yard, garbage and storm door really suggested US. I am aware of them in the far north some of my family live on an Island of the Shetland mainland so storm door essential there.

cozietoesie Tue 02-Apr-13 16:41:04

Not so, Lone. We have them in Scotland also!

smile

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 02-Apr-13 16:30:45

Cozie I have just realised you live in the US after reading your post. I haven't heard the term stormdoor in a very long time - you whisk me straight back to 1997.

cozietoesie Tue 02-Apr-13 15:42:40

grin

You're right. Or at least I'll have to make the dressing gown a slithery silk one and not a 'winter creation'.

You will have to start putting the rubbish out in full make up and smart dress.

Little tinker.

sashh Tue 02-Apr-13 04:49:40

Domo arigato to the Japanese.

StuffezLaBouche Mon 01-Apr-13 21:43:36

What a great story!! It's awful when it happens, isn't it? You get horrible visions of them sprinting off into the sunset without a backwards glance, or in front of cars.... So glad these kids were the to bring him back! :-)

RedwingWinter Mon 01-Apr-13 21:38:42

That's brilliant! What a polite way to bring the cat back - and so glad you got him back.

cozietoesie Sun 31-Mar-13 14:38:19

I confess to wondering whether he would have rescued- say- The Lodger. (Not that The Lodger was ever one to need rescuing.)

out2lunch Sun 31-Mar-13 14:37:03

thought so - mine does the skipping around in next doors garden too

cozietoesie Sun 31-Mar-13 14:33:25

Yep.

out2lunch Sun 31-Mar-13 14:29:58

grin
is this your siamese?

cozietoesie Sun 31-Mar-13 14:26:18

As y'all know, Seniorboy is a very elderly housecat. I think he went outside once in 1998 for 20 seconds when my Mom left the yard door open, but that was it.......until last night.

I went to put out garbage and the little blighter slipped through the Storm Door. I was in dressing gown and slippers and he hadn't a flipping clue what to do - just skipping around in the front garden and next door's.

So I'm busy panicking when I look up the street and (I kid you not) a bunch of young Japanese are walking down towards me. (5 or 6 of them.) I live in a semi university area I must admit.

I just yelled 'Seniorboy, Seniorboy ' and one of the Japanese bowed a little to me, went in to next door's garden, picked up Seniorboy by the scruff of his neck and gave him to my arms. And bowed again.

As I said - All Hail. (He's on his electric blanket now and doing a 'butter wouldn't melt in his mouth')

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now