Multi cat household. One of the cats has passed away. How long until the existing cats accept it?

(14 Posts)
bootsycollins Sun 31-Mar-13 21:18:18

Arw that's so sweet, I love cat friends. Lonely boy just needs time and plenty of cuddles smile

Sparklingbrook Sun 31-Mar-13 21:07:10

If i go over to my neighbours SC will come over with me so it's worth a try. Their relationship at the moment involves sitting ten feet apart and gazing at each other. smile

bootsycollins Sun 31-Mar-13 21:03:22

That's so sad. Do you think you could encourage lonely boys friendship with sparkling cat through sharing some Dreamies treats? You and sparkling cat could go over and make a fuss of him and they could bond by sharing biscuits?

Sparklingbrook Sun 31-Mar-13 09:39:23

No he has two other 'sisters' but little cat was his very best friend bootsy. He loves Sparkling Cat so I need to encourage her to go over to his house.

Hope today may be the day Florrie comes home Dobby.

bootsycollins Sun 31-Mar-13 09:37:06

Oh Sparkling the poor boy, bless his whiskers and his little kitty soul. He needs time to adjust, is he the only cat in the family now?

Dobby I really hope Florrie comes home thanks

Sparklingbrook Sun 31-Mar-13 09:25:59

I didn't realise this sashh, but having spoken to my neighbour she did let the other cats have a sniff of the little cat. sad Perhaps he knows but he's feeling a bit lost? They were fairly inseparable. Makes it all the more strange that little cat went off very far from home.

sashh Sun 31-Mar-13 04:57:07

They need to see the body, they will accept it almost instantly.

RedwingWinter Sun 31-Mar-13 00:07:11

Sparkling, sorry I misunderstood. What an unpleasant discovery; very sad.

Dobby, I hope Florrie comes back.

Sparklingbrook Sat 30-Mar-13 21:43:33

Oh dobby I am so sorry. I hope I haven't upset you. I really hope Florrie comes back to you.

My neighbour says that the male cat has been very clingy when he isn't out searching.

dobby2001 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:39:34

That's happening here with Florrie.s "brother" he is either spending his time next to me, or searching for Florrie.

Sadly Florrie was the replacement for his actual brother, who died of an infectiona month after we got them. So he has gone through this twice sad

I am really hoping Florrie comes back. He is very protective of her, as she is about half his size, despite being older. You can see the anxietyin him right now ...

crazynanna Sat 30-Mar-13 20:39:24

sad

Sparklingbrook Sat 30-Mar-13 20:35:30

Sorry Redwing it's the neighbour's cats. I had the misfortune to find their cat dead.

I saw the male cat searching high and low earlier. sad You are right, it will take time and he will adjust. Just like me and my neighbours.

RedwingWinter Sat 30-Mar-13 20:19:08

I am really sorry you lost your cat. It can take cats a little while to get over things, just like us.

Sparklingbrook Sat 30-Mar-13 18:15:05

Following on from my sad thread earlier in the week.

The male cat is looking everywhere for his 'sister'. It breaks my heart to see him wandering about searching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now