Effing Flea's

(13 Posts)
DoYaDontYa Sun 24-Feb-13 13:09:08

I have tried everything to get rid of the damn things & nothing is working !
Does anybody have a way of getting rid of fleas completely ???

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 24-Feb-13 13:28:40

What have you tried so far?

DoYaDontYa Sun 24-Feb-13 14:22:54

Spray from the vets , flea bombs , flea tablets , frontline & hovering several times a day

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 24-Feb-13 14:44:38

The best way forward is to treat your pets with a new product like Advocate. Hoover the whole house and then spray with one of the sprays like Acclaim, Indorex or RIP that not only kill adult fleas, but also contain an insect growth regulator that prevents larvae from hatch. Then wash any bedding etc that the pets use in the machine at 40 degrees. To be most effective you need to do it all on one day.

DoYaDontYa Sun 24-Feb-13 14:53:53

The spray I used was indorex & have done all the bedding several times it just doesn't seem to be working sad
Thanks though

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 24-Feb-13 15:50:32

Did you hoover before spraying this step is critical to the process as it forces the larvae that can hatch to do so and thereby are killed. This larvae are at a point at which they are no affected by the growth regulator.
It is really critical to use a product like Advocate that kills fleas within 2 hours and then goes on killing them for up to 4 weeks. Frontline takes 24 to 48 hours to kill fleas, but does work for 4 weeks. The tablets kill immediately, but have no residual effect.

DoYaDontYa Sun 24-Feb-13 15:59:43

Yeah I hovered before spraying

What Lonecatwithkitten saidsmile Frontline appears to stop working and we have stopped selling it because of this - it seems the fleas have become resistent to it. Try Advocate or Advantage and a house spray from the vet.

DoYaDontYa Sun 24-Feb-13 18:03:48

can I not purchase the spray anywhere apart from the vets as I have seen it online or is it not the same

thefirstmrsrochester Sun 24-Feb-13 18:14:16

Feel your pain! The only thing which worked for us was the foggers. I had spent a fortune on collars, powders and sprays. Fleas get everywhere. DH got off a 7 hr flight only to see one of the buggers had come along for the trip and bounce off into the aircraft. Was recommended foggers at the local pet shop and my battle was over in a couple of hours.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 24-Feb-13 18:14:40

I've seen indorex on online pharmacies for humans.

I just use advocate because although they will still hatch out and bite the cat they will die shortly after.

Are the people in the house being bitten too?

As with all flea worm stuff it's only the stuff you buy from a pharmacy/specially licensed bit of Pets at Home/vet that works, not the off the shelf stuff. I've completely forgotten the name of the house spray I'm thinking of, but it comes in a big yellow can. So basically anything that a specially licensed person is needed to sell it to you should work fine.

DoYaDontYa Mon 25-Feb-13 08:04:49

Ok thanks
And I am been eaten alive sad
where would I buy the foggers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now