a question about cats in movies

(4 Posts)
tipsytrifle Thu 31-Jan-13 20:00:37

Unfortunately I think animals are still open to abuse for TV/Movie stuff. A rescue lady I knew once told me of a film being made on Dartmoor that required a cat for a few shots. Cat was supplied (don't know where from) but when the film crew left they "forgot" the cat. Locals found and fed it, which was lucky.

ScumbagCollegeDropout Sun 27-Jan-13 04:32:00

There are indeed.

Look up Frank Welker's credits on IMDB.

sashh Sun 27-Jan-13 03:41:44

There are people who make a living from making animal noises.

Booyhoo Sun 27-Jan-13 01:33:23

i'm watching a comedy film where there was a cat caught up inside a dress and it had the sound effect of how cats sound when they are very panicky, lashing out and making the very nasty noises they do like when fighting with another cat (i have two so i know the sounds well!). my question is, how do they get those sounds recorded without causing distress to the cat? i know at the end of the film it will say "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" or similar but how do they say that when it is clear that 1 cat at least was upset in order for the sound recording to be made? and even if the recording wasn't made for the film but was in a sound 'stock', it still means a cat was harmed at some point to provide the sound.

does anyone know more about this or can at least tell me it isn't a real cat sound but some super talented human or computer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now