14 weeks old being sick every hour

(4 Posts)
tipsytrifle Thu 31-Jan-13 19:53:08

Could it be that brand of food? I would try some different brands. He is still very young and may have intolerances. Many cats can't cope with cow milk, as an example. I'm so glad you took him to the vet though! Yayyy for a speedy recovery!

mylot Thu 24-Jan-13 17:26:08

For everyone concerned (as I hate threads that don't help you as they disappear) he carried on throwing up into the late afternoon. I took him in, the vet could find no wrong temp. foreign lump in tummy etc so gave him anti sickness and said to monitor. He seemed to deteriorate at night although the anti sickness stopped the vomit. In the morning he is right as rain. Eaten a piece of poached plaice and everything. I wish I'd held my nerve but I guess if I had it would have been some object or something as that is sods law.

chardonneigh Wed 23-Jan-13 14:51:03

cat. he's a cat.

chardonneigh Wed 23-Jan-13 14:50:44

He hasn't been out yet as just got his jabs last week. In fact that is his only trip out since Christmas, to the vets. He was perfectly fine last night but then we woke up to sick every hour today. He is still purring when petted but is just lying around. Looks generally alert, eyes shiny etc, purrs when stroked but I wouldn't say he is being active. I removed his food (science kitten) and am encouraging him to lap a bit of water (tiny amount) and definitely if he hasn't improved by tomorrow morning I am taking him in.
Anyway. Long story short, we have no insusrance so would like to think that we can avoid the vets if possible. I suppose I am looking for reassurance that it is possible that this will pass??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now