How to deter cats

(8 Posts)
Forgetfulmog Sun 20-Jan-13 17:51:33

Following on from the previous thread about garden being one big toilet, we have the same problem with neighbours' cats (loads of cats in the neighbourhood). We no longer have cats & everyone else's cars appear to think they can just poo to their hearts content in ours! Previously it was more of an annoyance than an issue, but dd will be learning to toddle by this summer & I want her to be able to use the garden without picking up cat poo (the cats don't bury it).

We have a 20ft garden (live in a terraced house). Any ideas of effective cat deterrents that won't cause harm to the local cats? I am a cat lover but I can't be dealing with the poo issue!

Thanks smile

Nigglenaggle Sun 20-Jan-13 20:44:47

My Nan grates soap over their preferred areas and thinks it deters them... worth a go as its harmless.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 21-Jan-13 07:40:53

You have seen them do it though haven't you? Because uncovered poo sounds more like foxes than cats.

Forgetfulmog Mon 21-Jan-13 09:17:35

No it's definately the cats as I have seen them do it. We used to have cats & they did the same thing.

Forgetfulmog Thu 24-Jan-13 14:06:00

Bump

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 24-Jan-13 15:51:41

Super soaker. Please don't put chilli powder in the water though.

Forgetfulmog Thu 24-Jan-13 16:22:36

Speaking from experience fluffy? smile

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 24-Jan-13 16:57:07

No, a colleague did it and I thought it was really mean. The cat won't make a connection.

No smutty/funny stories here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now