Recommending a micro chip sensored cat flap

(11 Posts)

A ginger cat has been sneaking in eating my two cats food. Which is rather tasty royal canin for my allergy suffering Aby cat.

Can anyone recommend a brand of cat flap?

Thanks.,

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 17-Jan-13 00:14:10

SureFlap is a winner here. Even when the evil intruder tried to enter at high speed it prevented entry.

Monty27 Thu 17-Jan-13 00:27:38

Hmph, we have an interloper that eats the cats' food too. However the cats wouldn't wear the collars with the magnets on grrrrr. So the interloper continues grrrrr

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 17-Jan-13 07:36:01

Sorry forgot to say Sure Flap is a microchip cat flap no need for magnets or collar works on microchip already there .

cozietoesie Thu 17-Jan-13 07:40:12

As Lone said, monty - use a microchip one. They're more expensive but work with collar-haters.

smile

justabigdisco Thu 17-Jan-13 07:47:41

We've got the sure flap micro chip one - expensive but really good.

Another sure flap here! Really worth the money IMO, and its quite funny when you have to scan them through the first time.

JustinMumsnot Thu 17-Jan-13 13:31:46

We have Sureflap too. Had it for over a year now and it works perfectly. Next door's tom still hasn't figured out why he can't get in any more - presses his little face up against the flap and looks v aggrieved when nothing happens.

Iamaslummymummy Thu 17-Jan-13 13:34:59

Sure flap here too smile

MinkyWinky Thu 17-Jan-13 13:40:00

We have a Sureflap microchip cat flat too! It works brilliantly. I bought from them direct - www.sureflap.co.uk. (Although you may be able to find a discount code somewhere).

Also if it goes in a glass door you need to buy and extra bit (effectively two round plastic circles - can't remember what they're called grin).

Sure flap it is. Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now