Who wants to play where's the dead mouse?

(17 Posts)
cozietoesie Thu 10-Jan-13 08:01:05

That's clearly adoration of you, Lone.

hmm

Ahhh, how cute, just what you always wanted a nearly two day dead mouse! Don't try and claim your cat never does anything for you!

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 10-Jan-13 07:44:55

The dead mouse has magically reappeared today ( Mortis state consistent with being around 39 hours dead) phew. Bizarrely it has clearly been stored up for some additional play and then ceremonial laid out for me. Oh tail less wonder you never cease to surprise me.

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 10-Jan-13 00:35:18

The lonedog sucks mice and I have thoroughly checked around his bed and there is no saliva soaked body there.
I have had my torch out and search every conceivable cranny and no body has been found, so I must come to the conclusion that lonedog interfered and the prized item had to be taken back into the garden.

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Wed 09-Jan-13 20:22:36

Under the heater?!
Or as others have said under the bed

justaweeone Wed 09-Jan-13 20:08:21

Our dogs like to gobble them up then sometimes regurgitate them!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:05:00

Under the dishwasher/ff/washing machine

cozietoesie Wed 09-Jan-13 18:52:14

There's your answer - if the dog was around. Has it been licking its chops at all?

smile

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 09-Jan-13 18:50:05

Well yes cozie if the dog tried to join in the game there is a chance she took it back outside - heres hoping.

cozietoesie Wed 09-Jan-13 18:38:01

Ah right - I thought it might just be stunned or playing dead. Could she have taken it back outside?

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 09-Jan-13 18:33:37

Mouse was clinical dead when I checked so hasn't crawled anywhere. Not in my bed brief look under, but should do better check with torch. Fridge built in to kitchen so physically impossible to be under fridge.

HappyTurquoise Wed 09-Jan-13 18:05:10

In a shoe/welly. That's where our little darlings used to put them (when we lived in a house with a cat flap).

ImNotaPheasantPlucker Wed 09-Jan-13 18:03:58

Under the fridge, even more likely if its one of those huge American jobs bolted to the wall!

cozietoesie Wed 09-Jan-13 18:02:49

Could be anywhere. My experience is that if there's no body in evidence and the cat isn't a gobbler-upper, then it's likely received a mortal wound but had enough left to just manage to crawl under something and out of the cat's clutches. So I'd be looking at furniture which has a low profile on the floor.

Polyethyl Wed 09-Jan-13 17:58:10

Under or in your bed?

cozietoesie Wed 09-Jan-13 17:57:14

You've got about 3 days (assuming the heating is on) and then a smell should lead you in the general direction!

sad

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 09-Jan-13 17:51:23

Tail less wonder appeared late last night delighted with her self having slaughtered a field mouse. It was late and raining so I thought, oh let her have her fun playing with the body and then I'll put it in the wheelie bin in the morning.
Can I find the blinking body today- NO. She has never previously eaten a body they are always immaculate with a single fatal wound to the chest. So this leads me to believe there is dead mouse somewhere in my house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now