Stupid things your cat does.

(71 Posts)

Tries to sniff a lit gas fire.

Tries to smell lit candles (theme emerging)

Tries to chew razors (more careful these days)

ratflavouredjelly Sun 03-Feb-13 22:39:30

Tried to get into oven (whilst on)
Jumps in the sink and tries to hunt the dripping tap...

monsterchild Thu 24-Jan-13 19:10:33

Big Max goes into the dryer when its full of nice warm clothes. He's only been fluffed once...

IAmNotAMindReader Thu 24-Jan-13 19:02:36

Ours is quite vindictive on the quiet.

Cat was trying to eat, hoover dog came along and barged her out of the way an inhaled the rest.

Cat and dog exchanged glances and it was on.

Cat wanders into the next room very nonchalantly and over to the dogs water bowl, dog is watching this.

Cat proceeds to squat and wee in dogs water bowl and wipe her feet after in a "Fuck you dog, fuck you" manner.

Dog looks a bit put out.

Artemis206 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:54:32

Cat 2 watches Match of The Day and tries to catch the ball on the screen. He also does this if he watches snooker.

tigerdriverII Fri 18-Jan-13 12:23:54

DS and DH have just got into those strategy games where the first few years are spent painting the soldiers (in this case, goblins, tiny little figures). Our boy saw this last night and saw red, I think he was jealous of the goblins and started attacking them. Could be a whole new game there, including a giant painted tabby as the baddie.

bringnbuy Wed 16-Jan-13 22:53:49

bruffin - BRILLIANT! (your pictures of cat on loo seat). looks very familiar (both the loos seat and the cat!). she (the cat) also sits outside the door/scratches to come in when we close the door. sometimes i go to the loo with the door not shut, she normally pushes in and sits on this step (for dd) which is by the toilet giving me no privacy at all. sometimes when i am on the loo she jumps up and sits on the cistern. she's especially interested when i flush!! strange things cats, learning the odd thing that makes them tick. she also has a thing out of drinking some water out of EVERY glass/cup that is around with water in. dh puts a book on top of his (by the side fo the bed) but she has learnt how to flip it off, much to dh's annoyance :-D

bruffin Wed 16-Jan-13 17:19:57

Did you see pics on my profile bringnbuy
Dh got paranoid about going to the loo as rosiecat would cry outside to come in as soon as she heard him go in there.

bringnbuy Wed 16-Jan-13 16:21:34

bruffin - MY cat has also started spending alot of time standing on the loo seat staring down the toilet. not sure what she is expecting to see...she has a habit of then diving into the bath and then going beserk in there as if she can see something that i can't

sashh Tue 15-Jan-13 08:19:48

Oh mine has a thing about armpits.

She likes to sit on you and put her nose as close as she can get.

A friend was round the other day and was putting her hair in a pony tail, the cat jumed on the table and shoved her nose in friend's arm pit.

vix206 Tue 15-Jan-13 08:12:58

My cat likes to suck anything that has make up or anything scented on. Baby wipes, cotton wool pads etc. obviously we are very careful with what we put in the bin so that she doesn't harm herself!

She will also eat cake and muffin cases if we put those in a bin she can rummage through...

lljkk Tue 15-Jan-13 08:03:05

yes big boxes, about same size as the actual litter trays. Guess I should be glad for no poo.

VenusRising Mon 14-Jan-13 23:02:50

Lljkk that's some aim to get into a Lego box. Are they big boxes?

lljkk Thu 10-Jan-13 17:56:49

I just figured out that CAT2 (the stupidest one in the lot) has been using Lego boxes as litter trays. (sigh).

Sunnywithshowers Thu 10-Jan-13 14:37:05

Oscar likes to sit in tissue boxes. That was very cute when he was a tiny wee boy, now he squashes them flat. grin

lljkk Thu 10-Jan-13 12:23:27

You know the junk drawer most of us have in kitchen? Full of string, notepads, scissors, rulers, random pens, rubber bands?

My fluffy large cat tried to squeeze inside it just now. Very funny huge bottom sticking out. Am impressed he got about 70% of himself in there.

VenusRising Wed 09-Jan-13 18:04:54

My catling eats string, rubber bands, christmas decorations, and hair bobbins.
Today she pooed a bit of the string she had eaten, not all of it, so it dangled out and covered herself in poo. I had to pull it out...... I'm still heaving when I think of it.
She tolerates baths very well though, so she's very fragrant now!

Sunnywithshowers Tue 08-Jan-13 08:50:44

I had an early night last night and Oscar joined me. He decided to investigate my bedside table, so walked right over my face. Thanks fatty.

Lynned Tue 08-Jan-13 08:45:49

Mine fights with her own tail. Chases it round in circles, and yowls at it, telling it off, as if its another cat!

bruffin Tue 08-Jan-13 08:41:44

Dds bed is a divan with sliding doors. Rosiecat is known to sneak under there when no one is looking, go to sleep and then get shut in.
She also gets shut in downstairs loo a lot .

curlyclaz13 Tue 08-Jan-13 07:33:29

I forgot about sleeping in the wardrobe, both of us woke up to a bump last night a then a creaky floorboard noise. OH puts the big light on for a look but csnt see anything 2 minutes later small cat leaps from the open wardrobe onto the bed.

PlaySchool Mon 07-Jan-13 23:18:54

My wonderful, now deceased, cat used to carry socks around in her mouth whilst mewing soulfully. She would nearly always deposit them on the half landing.

Morloth Mon 07-Jan-13 22:31:43

Mine falls down the stairs.

She stretches out on a step and then when rolling over to get more comfortable rolls off the edge.

Does it time after time and every time looks surprised that this is the outcome.

issey6cats Mon 07-Jan-13 10:28:26

loving reading about all these daft and endearing cats they all sound great

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Mon 07-Jan-13 09:31:35

Evil Cat (who is actually being really nice all of a sudden --am worried--) hates the rain. She waits by the back door, I open it. She huffs off, back into the house, waits by the front door until I open it, she then has to check that it is in fact raining at the front of the house, at which point she huffs off upstairs (normally taking a swipe at the other cat or the dog).

Stupid Cat (18 months) loves water, can't get enough of it. Whereas Evil Cat gets upset, he strolls outside and sits on the pavement regardless of it being a light shower or torrential rain confused. He plays with drips from the tap, sits in the kitchen sink(you know, for fun!) and in the morning, even though he has a litter tray and access to the outside world, rushes to the bathroom to enjoy a morning wee in the bath plug hole while myself or DD are using the loo!

I get through a lot of disinfectant angry

SC also loves to dribble, when he is at his happiest he drools and drools and drools. Any cuddles are normally done with the safety of an old tea towel between us!

Kashdogg82 Mon 07-Jan-13 09:17:48

Constantly runs in to the closed conservatory door which I really shouldn't find so amusing but I do grin
Insists on grooming one specific friend of mine & nobody else hmm
likes to get stuck up trees though only when its dark so you can't see him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now