Think i need to report my neighours for animal neglect/abuse.. do you agree?

(17 Posts)
skullcandy Fri 08-Feb-13 22:33:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cozietoesie Fri 08-Feb-13 22:02:13

skullcandy

Can't you give it food and some shelter of a night ?

skullcandy Fri 08-Feb-13 21:49:57

PlaySchool Tue 08-Jan-13 12:37:28

should go and find its own shelter not sit on the window sill shivering

Don't you feel sorry for your cat when it is cold? Why don't you let him/her in?

cozietoesie Tue 08-Jan-13 11:41:24

.........It sits on the window sill yowling to come in. I ignore it. It's a cat. It's being lazy.......

Sheez.

Garnier Tue 08-Jan-13 10:50:01

skullcandy, I would do that anyway I think (crate and blanky) That would be really kind.

Paiviaso Tue 08-Jan-13 10:46:45

I can't believe people lock their cats out. One of the five freedoms we must provide to animals in our care is the freedom from discomfort, under which providing shelter falls. You don't provide shelter "sometimes," you provide shelter all the time; especially to a cat that is lead to believe it's territory is in the house, and that is where it can go to feel safe.

PepsiCoco Mon 07-Jan-13 10:33:35

My cat does this the minute you put it outside. It sits on the window sill yowling to come in. I ignore it. It's a cat. It's being lazy. It needs some fresh air and should go and find its own shelter not sit on the window sill shivering and yowling.
She isn't old though and has water.

PlaySchool Mon 07-Jan-13 10:28:01

There was a cat in my neighbourhood that was never allowed inside the house. The neighbours complained to the RSPCA as it was also attacking other cats and people. It was removed but perhaps the owners voluntarily gave it up.

skullcandy Mon 07-Jan-13 10:04:50

DozyDuck Mon 07-Jan-13 09:28:23

RSPCA won't do anything about this I don't think sad

FarrahFawcettsFlick Mon 07-Jan-13 09:15:13

I found the RSPCA worse than useless in the same situation. We ended up letting a neighbours elderly Siamese into our house at night time. Our neighbour had form with leaving elderly cats out all night in all weathers.

We had a cat at the time and were worried about fighting, but our resident cat left the elderly one alone - I think because it was elderly and not in great shape and wasn't a threat.

Could you offer shelter at night? Don't be surprised if the cat moves in though!

PlaySchool Sun 06-Jan-13 17:11:44

How long is she yowling for before she gets let in?

knackeredoutmum Sat 05-Jan-13 19:07:10

i wonder if the cat has started weeing in the house and thats why its out so much? Could you offer to adopt the cat?

HelenLynn Mon 31-Dec-12 18:15:14

Yeah. All they have to do is fit a catflap, or get a handyman to fit a catflap. It's not fair to make an elderly cat make do with an outbuilding in December when she's clearly not a hardy farm cat sort of cat. www.gov.uk/caring-for-pets says call the "RSPCA 24-hour cruelty and advice line" on 0300 1234 999.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 31-Dec-12 18:05:26

Yes. RSPCA?

skullcandy Mon 31-Dec-12 18:01:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now