Best dry cat food?

(27 Posts)
TalkinPeace2 Wed 28-Nov-12 22:14:37

Have two cats, shorthair blotch tabby neutered male, skinny build. Longhair moggy - non persian, no furballs - neutered female, bowling ball build.

Vet has insisted that bowling ball loses weight.
Bought a bag of Royal Canin but they eat twice the daily suggestion (constant begging otherwise)
Like Hills, will not eat Iams, BUT, always ate GoCat while still fed on tins.

SO
Is there really a difference between the cheap and expensive dry foods?
How many grammes a day do you actually feed your cats?

mycatlikestwiglets Fri 30-Nov-12 14:23:16

My moggie has James Wellbeloved - he was a rescue cat and it was what the RSPCA used so we stuck with it. I top his bowl up whenever it gets low and he seems to regulate his intake. He also has Whiskas pouches 3 times a week as a treat (1/2 morning 1/2 afternoon) although he'd eat them all the time if he could and is always leading us to his bowl. He's a big strong boy with a very glossy coat - vet always comments on how healthy he is so I think the JW is decent stuff. He supplements his diet with occasional mice too grin

TalkinPeace2 Sat 01-Dec-12 15:11:26

Well Bowling Ball is now on wet food twice a day with the bowl removed from her view when empty.
Skinny boy prefers the dry food so they each eat their own meal and then swap for bits of each others at the end.
Will see how it goes over the coming weeks.

She eats till all food is gone - leaving a grazing bowl of crunchies (as I've always done for other cats) is why she's a kilo overweight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now