Thinking about getting a kitten...

(27 Posts)
Niceteeth Thu 22-Nov-12 23:28:58

So, after many many months of consideration, my husband and I have finally decided to get a cat. The problem is, I really don't know the best way to go about it! I've read so much information that I'm more confused than when I started. Particularly, where to buy/adopt from? Initially I thought a rescue kitten was the ideal solution but have heard that they're not too keen on young children (DS is nearly 4). But I don't want to end up getting one from a dodgy breeder by accident!
Would appreciate any advice, tips etc!

Wankarella Sat 24-Nov-12 18:44:08

I used to foster pregnant mummy cats pre-breeding my own, that was lots of fun! I love kittens, I also love cats, I do miss having kittens all the time though. Scratched sofas and all grin

FermezLaBouche Sat 24-Nov-12 19:05:34

Hi Niceteeth,
I bought my kitten aged 9 weeks a couple of months ago. Since reading posts on "litter tray" I'm gutted I didn't think to go to my local rescue home, 2 BLOODY miles away from my house as luck would have it. Really glad you've decided to go for a rescue pet - it's bloody unbelievable how some people dump baby animals without second thought.
I hope you find a pet that gives you loads of joy over the years. It sounds silly but coming home to my little kitten after a day at work is just wonderful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now