Tolerating a cat allergy

(6 Posts)
Adversecamber Fri 09-Nov-12 19:32:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hattie11 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:41:12

I am allergic to cats but somehow have one as a pet? I avoid stroking her and if I do wash my hands straight away. She had dp and our 4 dcs to pet her so she doesn't miss out.
When we first got her I bought a lotion from chemist and used to put it on her once a week it worked really well. Sorry can't remember name of it but ask in your local chemist, it kills the allergens I think.
If I dostroke her within minutes I'm sneezing and eyes swell unlessvivwash straight away. Hairs around the house don't bother me only if she's managed to get upstairs sneakily and sleep on my bed. But our furniture is all leather I think that helps as hairs don't stick to it. Hoover plenty and I seem fine.

Adversecamber Fri 09-Nov-12 20:01:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 09-Nov-12 20:56:55

Have you tried petal wipes?.

It took dh about three weeks to get used to the cat. I wouldn't have wanted to re-home either, no where takes husbands.

Hattie11 Fri 09-Nov-12 22:06:00

Petal cleanse sounds right!

It was a lotion when I bought it 9 or more years ago and yea I used disposable gloves to apply it. Try it out it definitely helped me.

Cailleach Sat 10-Nov-12 08:53:00

My dad is fearsomely allergic to my sister's cat, but not to either of mine. Strange innit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now