Come and talk to me about your British Shorthair

(9 Posts)
Kenanddreary Tue 04-Dec-12 18:33:14

She sounds so cute stookie - I love the way they carry things around in their mouths. Must be fun to get to work and wonder what she has put in your bag that day! I think they are one of the most sociable breeds.

stookiesackhouse Tue 04-Dec-12 13:58:01

My BS is black and white, she is 6 months old and utterly adorable grin

She is very sociable and affectionate and demands loads of cuddles. She's very vocal and loves tuna. Her favorite toy is a horrible little fluffy cat (think similar to a rabbit's paw charm) that she carries everywhere with her.

She often deposits things in my handbag which I discover later at work i.e. toy mice and laundered socks.

She is like my shadow, wherever I am at home, I can guarantee she'll be inches from me grin

Kenanddreary Mon 03-Dec-12 20:50:46

Lovely to hear all about your different shorthairs. smile.

I have heard that the different colours have different personalities and it certainly sounds that way!

They make fantastic family pets - I have a permanent companion on my days off smile.

hellsbells99 Sat 01-Dec-12 09:20:24

I have 3, all female, all very different personalities! My eldest is a chocolate point: she is 12; very affectionate; always wants to sit on your knee; sits in the middle of pass the parcel; loves kids etc. The 7 yo is a blue: loves me; quite timid; very chunky; quite vocal; avoids all visiting kids! The young one is 2: silver spotted; very lively; not particularly affectionate; not scared of anything; has a nosy at visitors and then turns her back on them; loves my youngest DD and is always following her round. As a breed, they are lovely. We have a cat flap so they go in the garden but don't wander off.

Victoria3012 Sat 01-Dec-12 09:11:30

Meow Meow is a British Blue, she is a year old and has the sweetest nature. she is gentle, loving, loves a fuss (on her termssmile ) and we adore her. she is an indoor cat by her own choice, she has been spayed but never wants to go out, she sits on the kitchen window ledge or on the step of the back door and watches the world go by. I had a Persian cat before Meow and she is just as gentle and happy as Annabell. British shorthairs are great companions and love family life.

Victoria3012 Sat 01-Dec-12 09:11:29

Meow Meow is a British Blue, she is a year old and has the sweetest nature. she is gentle, loving, loves a fuss (on her termssmile ) and we adore her. she is an indoor cat by her own choice, she has been spayed but never wants to go out, she sits on the kitchen window ledge or on the step of the back door and watches the world go by. I had a Persian cat before Meow and she is just as gentle and happy as Annabell. British shorthairs are great companions and love family life.

Kenanddreary Fri 26-Oct-12 21:42:05

Sounds like a tough guy Lonecat!! I love the colourpoints. What colour is he? Lol @ him listening to a bedtime story!

Mine is a cream and loves human company. He follows me around the house and wails loudly if he can't find one of us.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 26-Oct-12 21:05:55

My posh arrogant boy is half BS the result of his pedigree mum having an illicit liaison before she went to the stud. He is a really rare colourpoint. He is as mad as a hatter everything is on his terms. He is working his way through the bird identification book killing birds and he also enjoys killing a big fat rat.
He talks at me a lot. When it gets close to meal time it is very insistent. He loves to listen to a bed time story and everything is the fault of dogs and they all deserve to suffer. Not meet a dog yet brave enough to take him on when he's in a mood.

Kenanddreary Fri 26-Oct-12 16:25:38

We have had ours for 3 years - he is absolutely adorable. A real teddy bear. Previously we had rescue cats but after two had been run over we decided that a house cat was the way to go. He isn't interested in going further than the back garden - and can't get over the fence (due to his build).

So if you have a British Shorthair - what is their personality? Also - are they continuously hungry?!! Ours is huge - always hungry. People are usually shocked by his size but completely taken in by his affectionate nature. He is not overfed BTW!

Would love to hear about your Shorthairs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now