I think this might be FABCat's last thread

(767 Posts)
JustFabulous Fri 03-Aug-12 13:11:48

This morning she was coughing and has also had a sloppy bowel accident outside. She wasn't interested in breakfast even though I didn't come down until after 9 and she wasn't about when DH left at 7. He normally feeds her before he goes. I had to put the plate under her nose to get her to come and ear.

Her back legs are a bit wobbly and I will take her for a jab on Monday to hopefully get some relief. She didn't wee over night so that is postiive but when I was comforting her when she was coughing it really hit me that she is very old and isn't my baby anymore sad.

She has lasted for DD's birthday but I am not sure she will make her own sad.

I have just put a towel on the sofa for her to sit on, just in case, but she wasn't impressed and has jumped down on to the floor.

My cat is getting to the end of her life and I am not sure I will ever get over it blush.

She means the world to me, is the only thing in the world that is 100% mine, and I will miss her so much.

JustFabulous Tue 15-Jan-13 19:47:47

FABCat really didn't want to go away this afternoon so I said she could stay in the kitchen but she must not wee. I went off to school and came back 2 minutes later as I had forgotten my glasses. FC was miaowing at me to feed her confusedgrin. I told her it wasn't time yet and I wouldn't be long. DS1 got home first and let her freeeeeeeeee so that when we got home she was waiting by the front door. I went into the kitchen and it transpires that FC had taken one of the kids colourings off the wall and ripped it up shock. All because I didn't let her have the run of the house??

Earlier I put a piece of paper on the floor and she immediately started ripping it so I don't think she does it because she is in pain.

She is now sleeping off all her exersions.

Horsemad Sat 02-Feb-13 14:33:35

JustFab, how is your darling FabCat? Haven't seen you post for a little while & wondering how she is?

RM76 Tue 05-Feb-13 05:33:10

I do hope FabCat is doing okay, and I'm so sorry she's so poorly.x

FabCatsSlave Tue 14-May-13 17:33:34

Hi Horsemad, how lovely of you to ask. I took a very long break, deregged, only back now to update and thank everyone for their kindness threw FABCat;s numerous thread.

Diagnosis of cancer in July 2012. Decided not to operate. She has carried on being a real trouper, wrecking the house, demanding tea at 2.30pm, making us open the patio door instead of coming through her cat flap, basically had me wrapped around her little paws.

Had a couple of panicky trips to the vet where he almost laughed as she is not following the script! Putting weight on when cat's with KD don't. Eating well, playing, etc etc etc.

However, yesterday I just felt she needed a check up. Today I took her in and it is time. She is booked to be PTS on Thursday ay 9am.
Didn't do it there and then today as felt the children needed to see her. None of us expected this and 5 weeks ago they had said goodbye but she came home so didn't want to not say goodbye and her not come home. Vet felt we had 5-7 days so was okay with waiting until Thursday so the children could have tonight and tomorrow with her.

I am heartbroken.

She has lived with me for 18 years, 7 months and 9 days. ALmost half my life as I am 41. She is aged 18 years, 8 months and 15 days.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ALL OF YOU FOR LISTENING, ADVISING, CARING. IT MEANS THE WORLD.

cozietoesie Tue 14-May-13 17:38:37

Thinking of you all.

FabCatsSlave Tue 14-May-13 17:42:31

SOrry, RM, thank you to you too.

Thank you cozietoesie.

I can't believe it. She has been amazing and I really thought she would live forever.

cozietoesie Tue 14-May-13 17:43:33

As you do. There's nothing to say, really.

LegoAcupuncture Tue 14-May-13 17:48:04

Oh Fab, I'm so sorry to read this. I often thought of you and FabCat and I'm so sorry the end has come.

Will be thinking of you all on Thursday.

FabCatsSlave Tue 14-May-13 18:38:05

Thank you LegoA.

Just reread my post. I can spell through really blush.

DH taken loads of photos. DCs fed her loads of prawns. I have been sat watching her as she slept. She has been the most amazing comfort to me and the best thing I can do for her now is a calm passing before she really struggles. Best thing ever in my life prekids/dh. and she is definitely above him!!

cozietoesie Tue 14-May-13 18:41:49

They mean so much that it's difficult to comprehend their absence isn't it?

Sunnywithshowers Tue 14-May-13 18:46:39

I'm so sorry lovely, what terrible news. Much love to you all. xxx

flowers and big squeezy hugs.

Wolfiefan Tue 14-May-13 18:48:46

You have done everything a loving Fabcat mum could have done. I'm so sorry you are facing this loss. Hoping the rest of today and tomorrow are calm and full of cuddles and treats! Hoping hugs and memories see you through. Handholding here if you need it. I will be thinking of you on Thursday.

FatherReboolaConundrum Tue 14-May-13 20:27:02

I lurked on this thread after our lovely cat died last year, and I've often wondered how you've all been. I can't tell you how sorry I am that you're having to let Fabcat go, but you're doing the right thing for her and that does help a bit, after a while. Nothing any of us can say will be any consolation I know, but there will be lots of us thinking of you on Thursday. flowers

FabCatsSlave Tue 14-May-13 20:47:11

I have been doubting myself thinking it was too soon as she has been normal FABCat but tbh having just had a good look at her I know it is time sad. Tomorrow I will be spoiling her even more than usual and trying my best to help the children as at the moment I have no clue how to make it better for them.

fengirl1 Tue 14-May-13 22:04:22

hmm Will be thinking of you. Those bloody animals really get to you don't they?

Growlithe Tue 14-May-13 22:11:25

Oh no Fab. You were so kind to me when we lost GrowCat. I've lurked a lot on FabCat's last thread. Never was there ever such a loved cat.

Thinking of you flowers

FabCatsSlave Wed 15-May-13 04:27:12

I took ages to get too sleep last night worrying she would die in the night and now I am up for the day. FABCat looked very surprised to see me so early.

Supposed to be food shopping and errand running today but will only do that if she is asleep by the time DH gets back from the school run. I am terrified to leave her alone.

fengirl1 -they really do. I bloody cried over 2 hamsters dying. Ridiculous.

Growlithe - how lovely of you to remember and to post it. Glad I was a help to you.

PeachActiviaMinge Wed 15-May-13 05:39:09

Fab sweetheart I am really sorry to hear it is finally time, Fabcat has kept me amused via your posts for so long. I prefer dogs but have loved the tales of your spoilt kitty. You've done so well for her and loved her so much I don't think a cat could ask for more. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow give that beautiful girl a big fuss from me. X

FabCatsSlave Wed 15-May-13 05:50:28

Spoilt? No, not at all grin.

She is so funny. Shouts at me all the time. The other day she spat her tablet out on route to her food plate and when I picked her up to give her the pill for the second time she had gravy all over her face. So funny and cute.

cozietoesie Wed 15-May-13 07:27:11

One of the great cats.

FabCatsSlave Wed 15-May-13 08:18:49

What a lovely thing to say. Thank you.

Prawns again today for her. Currently sleeping next to me.She normally sleep a good 2-3 hours at this time so once DH is back from taking DC2 and 3 to school we'll do the quickest food shop known to man and then I won't be leaving her alone again.

Appointment at 9 tomorrow. Really worried about leaving her at the vet once she

cozietoesie Wed 15-May-13 08:22:20

The vet will let you stay with her if you want, surely?

FabCatsSlave Wed 15-May-13 08:48:10

I'm trying to remember what the vet said. I think he said I could stay as long as I wanted. He will sedate her, leave us alone and come back 15-20 minutes later to do the second jab. I keep thinking do I tell her? A neighbour said she will know and that makes me panic stricken that she lie there knowing she is going to die.

cozietoesie Wed 15-May-13 08:59:18

No, she won't know. She'll be peaceful with the meds and there with her person. It'll be OK.

Remember not to drive there and back by yourself. You won't be up to it.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

NinaHeart Wed 15-May-13 09:36:33

Thinking of you. And of Fabcat too. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now