I think this might be FABCat's last thread

(767 Posts)
JustFabulous Fri 03-Aug-12 13:11:48

This morning she was coughing and has also had a sloppy bowel accident outside. She wasn't interested in breakfast even though I didn't come down until after 9 and she wasn't about when DH left at 7. He normally feeds her before he goes. I had to put the plate under her nose to get her to come and ear.

Her back legs are a bit wobbly and I will take her for a jab on Monday to hopefully get some relief. She didn't wee over night so that is postiive but when I was comforting her when she was coughing it really hit me that she is very old and isn't my baby anymore sad.

She has lasted for DD's birthday but I am not sure she will make her own sad.

I have just put a towel on the sofa for her to sit on, just in case, but she wasn't impressed and has jumped down on to the floor.

My cat is getting to the end of her life and I am not sure I will ever get over it blush.

She means the world to me, is the only thing in the world that is 100% mine, and I will miss her so much.

Horsemad Sat 29-Dec-12 19:10:06

That's sweet JustFab smile They have these little tricks to make us smile. Keep us posted, I for one really like hearing how she's doing.

Know what you mean too about the live for ever cat title. You go through so many setbacks when they are elderly, but they just work their way through them.

JustFabulous Sat 29-Dec-12 19:14:53

A friend came today and met FABCat for the first time and she said her colouring was amazing and no way would you know she was 18.

She snores quite a bit now. That is a fairly new thing but the vet said there was no issues with her heart or lungs.

Still hasn't gone anywhere near her new bed and probably won't as the middle has risen since I had to wash it, she weed on it hmm.

That was so lovely you saying you like hearing about her smile.

Horsemad Sat 29-Dec-12 21:55:11

Just had another look at her pic, she doesn't look her age! What a cute face smile

JustFabulous Sun 30-Dec-12 14:01:06

I wish I could upload a better photo of her. She is scrumptious when her pupils are big. Makes her look about 2.

Earlier DD came running to say she was fast asleep in my bed, on a plastic bag! I ran up the stairs as if it was DS with it. She was fast asleep and a bit confused as to why I was pulling the bag out from under her. It was all warm too.

Now has us all well trained at lifting her on to the sofa..

Horsemad Sun 30-Dec-12 15:18:14

Oh I love it when their pupils go big! They look so kittenish smile
Mine is currently sleeping of the exertions of the afternoon!

In my next life, I'm coming back as a pampered cat in a cat mad house like mine!! grin

JustFabulous Sun 30-Dec-12 18:38:29

I think I have uploaded a better photo of her....

Horsemad Sun 30-Dec-12 19:45:31

Aw yes, a very pretty face! smile

JustFabulous Sun 30-Dec-12 20:27:42

smilesmile

JustFabulous Mon 31-Dec-12 17:44:40

I thought cats were supposed to not like orange peel. We put some down where she has weed behind the sofa and this morning she sauntered in to the kitchen, then lounge and then weed on the floor. I was cleaning in the lounge this afternoon and left the sofa out so DH could wet shampoo the floor and she has weed right by, or maybe on, the orange again. She has been sent to bed in disgrace.

Good job she is cute..

Horsemad Mon 31-Dec-12 17:49:43

Lol at weeing on orange peel!!!
I know it's recommended for cats pooing but maybe FabCat hasn't heard that one??!

JustFabulous Mon 31-Dec-12 18:25:00

Oh, I assumed it was wee too [thick person].

She is trouble, no doubt about it!!

Horsemad Mon 31-Dec-12 19:23:41

Well I'd imagine it would work for wee too as it's supposed to deter them from using the area, but FabCat strikes me as liking to do her own thing!! grin

JustFabulous Mon 31-Dec-12 20:02:24

You don't say! grin.

Kids wanted to let her out of her room. DH said no.

FABCat is asleep on the lounge chair grin.

Horsemad Mon 31-Dec-12 20:25:44

grin grin

Go FabCat!

cozietoesie Mon 31-Dec-12 20:31:01

Please tell me that that's the chair DH normally uses?

grin

Horsemad Mon 31-Dec-12 20:38:31

grin

JustFabulous Mon 31-Dec-12 20:42:56

It is her chair. She never goes on his chair. Maybe it is too smelly grin.

When she was more agile I would find her asleep on the top of it in the sunshine.

Mumcentreplus Mon 31-Dec-12 21:01:19

Fabcat is really a cutie x

My kitty is about to have some babies..

cozietoesie Mon 31-Dec-12 21:05:29

Attagirl! Magnanimous in victory.

grin

Horsemad Mon 31-Dec-12 21:05:44

Ooh Mum post piccies when they're born please smile

Mumcentreplus Mon 31-Dec-12 21:11:00

Will do!...

JustFabulous Tue 01-Jan-13 11:55:20

Ooh kittens. How lovely smile.

I just do not understand why anyone thinks FABCat has us wrapped around her little paws.

I will just say she is fast asleep, on my bed, in the sun and DD has half shut the curtain so it isn't too bright for her...

cozietoesie Tue 01-Jan-13 12:08:52

Now why would we say that? hmmgrin

Bet you keep the heating on all day for her.

smile

Horsemad Tue 01-Jan-13 14:30:27

Happy New Year FabCat! smile

QueenofNightmares Tue 01-Jan-13 14:36:25

Happy new year Fab and Fabcat I'm so pleased to see her still with us happy and worshipped by her slaves grin I think I've grown rather attached to Fabcat which is amusing since I'm defintely a dog person but shes such a lovely little trooper its hard not to see the appeal. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now