They finally found the bird feeder!

(4 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Thu 09-Jun-16 09:43:28

Been out there nearly a year and wasn't touched. I now have sparrows fighting over it with pidgeon and doves hovering nearby waiting for droppings

Finally!!

NeedACleverNN Tue 28-Jun-16 14:54:22

We must have a pidgeons nesting near by. The same pidge is coming every day. Taken to leaving the seed in a small pile on the floor just for him!

Dd is turning into a right twitcher. Gets excited watching the birds come

Lacystacie Fri 08-Jul-16 13:49:48

We've got sparrows too, mine feed all spring and summer also bath, drink and dust bath in two pots on my wall ! Are yours nesting ? I had a male catching flies above me while I was deweeding a few days ago lol they are very people friendly

MermaidofZennor Sun 17-Jul-16 09:41:40

We had this at our last house. Full feeders would sit there for weeks until I threw the rotten seed away. However where we live now, we have two huge colonies of sparrows in the hedge and I can't keep the feeders topped up fast enough. They get emptied daily, except for the Niger seed one for the Goldfinches who only drop by from time to time. The sparrows nested and now the garden is full of little babies too. Three wood pigeons hoover up the dropped seed along with the resident robin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now