A BBC4 cum MTV thread about mid layer fleeces.

(22 Posts)
Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 19:37:57

mmm. I see. Well that is a nice design feature I suppose, not that I do so much of the belaying whilst taking the dog for a walk. I suppose it makes it easier to take your trousers down in an emergency, not that I do much of that on the dog walk either. Safety First though.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 19:26:38

Arf, I guess it is so you can still belay without your jacket getting in the way...

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 19:10:03

Well I'm a big fan of that. No one likes a chilly buttock.

But what is this harness? Is it a technical euphemism for the genital front parts?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 18:55:57

It means it is long at the back to cover your arse...

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 18:46:33

Lofted fibres.

I am a big fan of those.

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 18:45:52

What does this mean?

Short front to reduce interference with harness and movement.

I absolutely dont want any interference with my harness that I did not know I had.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 18:45:20

Nope. It's basically like a sleeping bag that you wear. It's all the air trapped in the lofted fibres that keeps you warm.

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 18:40:20

It has a BEARD GUARD grin grin

Omg I so totally want an item of clothing that would guard my beard should I happen to develop some lady-beard issues.

Am confused at how something so light could keep me warm though. Do I not need something with a bit more textural thickness?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 17:00:13
ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 16:59:58

You want this

http://www.paramo.co.uk/en-gb/garments/detail/index.php?pgc=NIKWAXINSULATORSMOCKTORRESUNISEX

Or something similar. Packs down small but is super toasties. Goes over everything you are already wearing so you don't have to strip off to add a mid layer.

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 16:28:37

I would have answered too ItsAll smile. I heart my Paramo jacket.

Fossil it's warmth I want, for walking and sitting outdoors. Am still sodding cold in two merino baselayers + decathlon fleece + paramo. I would like something a bit more fleecily powerful. Don't want down though.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 16:26:29

Soft shells are pish, they are windproof, not waterproof and not warm.

fossil97 Thu 27-Sep-12 16:24:16

Isn't it all about Technical Soft Shells now? The climbing club types look a bit pitifully at me in my Polartec fleece. (They can sod off though because it's a windblock one and I am WARM)

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 16:21:00

I live Arcteryx but can't afford it.

Strangely I was the only person to reply to the poster

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 16:17:00

Might give the urban dictionary a rest now.

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 16:16:28

shock no way!

Was the poster shunned?

Any thoughts on Arc'teryx? This Delta AR is filled with turbocharged hawtness.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 16:13:53

Paramo. Fecking auto correct.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Sep-12 16:13:24

Paramount was actually mentioned on S&B the other day. I was shocked and amazed to be able to post a useful response on said board.

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 16:08:56

<gets the ball rolling>

I could, for example, become quite hypebeast about this Taiga fleece which comes with a scooped tail for kidney protection.

You not going to get that sort of attention to visceral safety on a style and beauty thread. Oh no.

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 16:02:30

Tent chat lives in camping grin

Today is all about the fleece. Hammer Time.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Thu 27-Sep-12 15:57:01

I love you dearly - I have no interest in fleeces but you ought to win prizes for your thread titles.

I will leave you to it - next you will start talking about tents. grin

Slubberdegullion Thu 27-Sep-12 15:53:09

Technical and nerdy but a wobbly camera people bursting out of swimming pools in Las Vegas kind of vibe.

LET'S DO THIS MID LAYER FLEECES THING OUTDOORSY PEOPLE

Wicking and zips naturally required.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now